FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its kinda late but anyways.

On 10/25/08 there will be a forum shoot get together at Lone Star Gun Range in Lockhart TX. Starting around 1200 to 1700 or 1800, from there everyone that wants to will head over to Black's for some BBQ! :D

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I saw that, but I can't make it. I'm already going to Houston on Sunday for something. My wife will kill me if I am away the entire weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got back from the get together! My shoulder hurts!!! :lol: Put about 100 rounds through a Mosin Nagant! :D :cry: . Next time I need to bring something to soften the recoil of that thing! Spent most of the time on the 100yd rifle range. I and the others put 50 rounds through my Marlin 30-30, also put 50 rounds through an HK .223 rifle, and 40 rounds through an AK with an Eotec! Also shot some magnum slugs through my 870. A PTR-91 showed up, but wasn't with our group, and got to see that thing shoot! :? I put 80 rounds through an XD 45 Tac. and I actually liked it and also put 20 rounds through a Rock River 45. 1911's are alright, the guys at the range were right though, if you like to "tinker" with a firearm then a 1911 is the way to go, if not, it'll cause nothing but headaches. We also shot some clay targets rapid fire with the Mosin's until the clay targets were totally destroyed! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I actually burned my hand when I was trying to work the bolt and my left hand slipped and touched the barrel :cry: By the end of the rapid fire I couldn't work the bolt the traditional way and had to do it with the butt stock of the rifle on my thigh so I could get a better angle at it.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Sounds like you had fun :shock:

I went shooting with some friends today here in Michigan. I put about 100 rds through my 12 ga Benelli Nova shooting clays. Then we plinked around with .22's for a while and had a little fun with my FNP-9. I was a little bummed my friends didn't bring their bolt .308's, but it was fun non-the-less. Sure as hell beat studying.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
This sucks...give me me a head notice and i'll show up...bring some FN love hehe :?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Next time y'all go down there let me know. I ended up having to work, late and wouldn't have made it untill 5 or so.

Sounds like good times.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About 10 or 11 showed up at the beginning and that was at the handgun course/range. If I had stayed at the handgun course instead of playing with the rifles I would've used more handgun ammo. By 1500 it was down to 7 and everyone was at the rifle range shooting Mosin's from 1530-1740 with some shottie play and Marlin lever action in between.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sounds like you had fun :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I wished I lived in Texas sometimes....I don't even think there is anyone on the forum from kentucky...which sucks.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On TX CHL Forum there is talk about a get together shoot after the first week of Feb. 09 at Bullethole here in San Antonio TX!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts