FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any know where i can get a forward vertical handle for PS-90.

Adnan

FN Five Seven
FN PS90 + EOTech 512
FN FS2000 + EOTech 557-4XFTS
AR-10 SuperSASS + Leupold Mark 4
Sig 556 + EOTech 557-4XFTS
Sig P250 two tone 9mm
Spring Field XD 357Sig + Lasermax
Sig 232

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hey, not sure this will help if you want a store bought model, but you could make something like this: http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=6062
Just clamp on a verical grip.
I think another member here was also working on a vertical grap for the PS90.

The only other available thing is that bolt on piece from magazineparts. com.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you DDoc for the tip

I went a head and ordered the quad rail system. It looks much cleaner way to add a forward handle and now i can even add a laser sight if i wanted.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I kinda liked that rail mount someone on this site did themselves. BUt for a forward grip - I like the shape of the PS90 as is.

But, there may be a market for that, as I see it come up sometimes...

·
Banned
328 Posts
10 YEAR OLD SHEETING PS-90

The gun would be a lot easier for that kid to shoot without that stock extension.

Does any know where i can get a forward vertical handle for PS-90.

Just curious - what problem with the ps90 will a vertical handle solve?

·
Registered
1 Posts
this is my first post here on fn and i didnt want it to run contrary to anyone elses but................... yeah, doesnt the bulpup nature contradict and omit the need for a front grip it is already so super ergonomic i just cant imagine the need or want for one, but eh, each his own, guess ya could put a bi pod on an uzi if ya really wanted to?

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
viper6 said:
this is my first post here on fn and i didnt want it to run contrary to anyone elses but................... yeah, doesnt the bulpup nature contradict and omit the need for a front grip it is already so super ergonomic i just cant imagine the need or want for one, but eh, each his own, guess ya could put a bi pod on an uzi if ya really wanted to?
I agree with you too - I don't see the need for it

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I have burned my hand twice on the barrel

I am a left handed shooter and have burned my hand twice on the barrel.
Now i have a shroud and a vertical grip and i am shooting with more peace of mind and not worried about burning my skin again.

By the way with EOTech 512 i am getting 1 MOA at 100 yards now. I guess after firing 5K plu rouinds though it i should not be surprised.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The gun would be a lot easier for that kid to shoot without that stock extension.
If that's the same video I saw on YouTube, then they're in California, where the stock extension is manditory for the weapon to be legal, I think...

·
Registered
62 Posts
That poor gun, mutalated and mauled to be "Kali" compliant. I would not even call that a real PS90 anymore.

:!:

·
Banned
328 Posts

I still don't get it. What would being left handed have to do with the forward grip? If you hold the gun as intended you never come into contact with the barrel. (on a P90 or SBR'd PS90 having your hand far enough forward to touch metal would put it dangerously close to getting blown off anyway)

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
kanthek said:

I still don't get it. What would being left handed have to do with the forward grip? If you hold the gun as intended you never come into contact with the barrel. (on a P90 or SBR'd PS90 having your hand far enough forward to touch metal would put it dangerously close to getting blown off anyway)
+1

I don't see how you can get burnt from a PS90 if you are holding it as designed....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well guys it works for me

I like it better with forward grip......I am just too used to it as i have it on all 5 of my rifle. If it was me I will even put it on the M107 on order. But there is no way in hell I can fire 50 cal standing up on 29" barrel.

I learned to shoot on 2nd world war M1, yes the rifle was made in 1942 belonged to my grandfather who fought in Africa against Nazis. 2nd rifle was HK G3 Select Fire when i was 16 and after getting drilled in my head how to hold a rifle, my hand always reached for the barrel to hold. It OK on Ar-15 type platforms but PS-90 is another story, I wish i can make it a SBR there is no problem. May be in a few months.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts