FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To hold me over until I can throw down on a Pelican or Storm case...

Found this one in Buds for $26. Has 4 latches, one on each side, and two on the front. The bottom is two layers of foam glued together. I separated them and cut out the top (egg shell) foam. Then re-glued them together.

I can provide the name and model if anyone is interested.

Has two padlock points and handle.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Na, it's a cheap case.

But it will do for now. I'll get a better case later. Hell for $26, it was worth it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I was in there looking at inventory when I saw some cheapo cases in different sizes on a shelf.

I started digging around and when I saw this one, I said "gee, I'll bet my PS90 will fit in there broke down"...

:D

It's not much, but hell, for $26 I can carry it to the range in its own case.

I still plan on getting a Storm, Pelican or Starlite later...

BTW, I only started working for Buds a month or so ago. Until then I had always been a customer of theirs for over 20 years... I work mainly from my home doing internet sales and marketing etc...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more thing...

I was thinking....

If I glued a thin sheet of aluminum to each inside half (front and rear), and replaced the cheap eggshell foam with the good stuff, this might not be a half bad case.

The aluminum would add to rigidity and add extra protection. The foam provided simply sucks... But it works...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Turbozag said:
One more thing...

I was thinking....

If I glued a thin sheet of aluminum to each inside half (front and rear), and replaced the cheap eggshell foam with the good stuff, this might not be a half bad case.

The aluminum would add to rigidity and add extra protection. The foam provided simply sucks... But it works...
Don't waste the time and money. Your problem won't be the foam or rigidity of the plastic. The problem will come from the hinges and fit and finish. That is why they put 4 latches. Most quality cases only need 2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts