FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Last month i bought a black FS 2000 with a extra FN mag for 1950.00 during a FNH sales promo at the local shop. Since my green 2000 was in the first 412 original imported guns and still NIB she will be raised to the status of safe queen. Blacky will see many rounds vary soon..... :wink:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Its strange that these went up in price after the first batch. I bought mine for 1800 in late 06. If anything I expected these to drop a bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I called CDNN after I spoke to Tanners. They have a limited number (black) in stock for $1999. Ask for Tracy Sanders. After this call, I talked to a local dealer that had one for $2469 and was able to get him down to $2000.
So I did it. I think I've gone crazy. Now I'm shopping for optics. :shock:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Should I buy one or not? Need assistance..

I am new to this forum (Hard to tell with the number of posts I have listed here :D )

I saw one of these at a show. It felt OK. I didn't like the fact the Bolt doesn't stay open after last shot (Maybe I am too use to pistols)..

I thought about calling CDNN, and I did, but instead I save some $ and bought an H&K Elite in .45acp..
(Well maybe I didn't really save anything, cause I am still thinking about this).

Is the 2000 standard issue anywhere? The trigger didn't feel crisp.. Maybe it was just me on a bad day...

I already have H&K mags ready to go for this.. (Planning in case)..

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, about the trigger, I agree, not crisp. Now I've only dry fired it so far, so I'm certainly no authority. It's creepy right up to the release point, but feels consistent. Not sure how this will translate when trying to shoot precisely. I understand that this is a combat rifle and not for target shooting, but being a target shooter I couldn't help but notice. I'll post back when I've got more experience.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the input. The only other item I was thinking about is the Sig 556 series - which does cost less. I have not held the SIG so it's hard to say good or bad.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Should I buy one or not? Need assistance..

NRA-LIFE-Member said:
Is the 2000 standard issue anywhere? T
On Ar15.com - someone mentioned that URBAN ERT's FS2000 sling is being considered by the Slovenian army - so I assume that means that this army uses that gun. Can't say about any other country.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts