FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( :( #121123546 looks like fraud bottom two pictures are from another auction #120705378 can't find what auction the top picture is from but alfully fuzzy to be his own picture. I tryed to contact gun broker to inform them of this auction, but seems inpossible with out bidding or being ripped off first. I starting to feel reluctent to buy my Scar on gun broker now I could loose quite a bitt of money. so please be careful and good luck. :) :)

·
Banned
78 Posts
Good eye! It does look like fraud! Look how the certificates have a different color border! I was bidding on it, and I'm very glad I never met the reserve. I sure as hell am not buying that one! In fact if I win one, I think I'm going to call the guy to verify FFL number. Then look up the FFL number on the ATF website to make sure they're legit. Then yellowpages them and call the gun store's number from the yellow pages to double check that it's not fraud. Just can't be too careful these days!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Their are many blue boarder certificates and many white boarder. I do not think that this is indicative of fraud. I agree with you though. Extra vigilance concerning who you buy from is definitely recommended. Fraud is everywhere and with these fetching such a huge ticket I am sure that they have taken note.

·
Registered
25 Posts
He sold an XCR last month and got good feedback along with a couple more. I have used other peoples pictures before in my auctions on new items I have sold. Remember, if you send money to an FFL the ATF and FBI will be after him if he is a crook. Good advice to check his FFL. I certainly would not defame his character or his auction over the fact that he stole a few pics.

Hold out for a $2500 rifle in a month or two, they WILL come down.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
May have spotted another fraud on gun broker #120702069 used pictures from #120201137 found him listed as dealer on FNHUSA Stuart Jeffery Jones in an apartment in Bethany Beach DE. 19930 Without phone number be weary of dealers listing no phone numbers I found out the hard way with Florida Gunworks in miami Fl. :)

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Wild Bill said:
He sold an XCR last month and got good feedback along with a couple more. I have used other peoples pictures before in my auctions on new items I have sold. Remember, if you send money to an FFL the ATF and FBI will be after him if he is a crook. Good advice to check his FFL. I certainly would not defame his character or his auction over the fact that he stole a few pics.
:? Good advice.

·
Registered
459 Posts
It would help if the ad stated that the pictures were "stock" or "representations" or "not actual firearm for sale". Some dealers do that and some don't.

I always send an email asking if the pictures are of the actual gun and if not, can they send actual pictures to me. Sometimes I get a response, sometimes not. Of course if I don't get a response I don't purchase.

The particular Scar auction mentioned is REALLY misleading.....to post several pictures as if that is the actual gun.....just not right. I'm going to send an email and ask for pictures of the "actual gun".

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well the dealer with GunBroker #120702069 doesn't have any in stock so those pictures are just "representations" to begin with!!! He's selling "pre-delivery" with no real timeframe given other than the guns will be "within the first 1000". And there was a "winning bid"......Good grief!!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some people start stealing small items at first, then they move on to bigger items. Go ahead and send him your money,and see how long it takes the FBI to investigate your case with all the other home morage frauds and investor frauds going on. How long will it take you to get your 4,000.00$ plus back, OOH ya.....go buy some thing from Florida gun works they been ripping people off for years now and thier suite is still running. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No need to scream at me. :roll: Someone did a buy now for 6,499.99 why I don't know ? Well too bad you didn't meet Madoff at The Palm beach Country Club he would hav partied with you with all your investment money, so don't tell me he's the only socialpathic lier. It seems more so with people who deal in guns.

·
Registered
459 Posts
itchymun -- Are there some posts that I'm missing here? Who is screaming at you, whose is talking about investment money and who is saying that Madoff is the only pathalogical liar? I don't know who your responses are directed at.

If me, I am AGREEING with you that the ads on GunBroker are misleading and often fraudulent and that some of the dealers/sellers are indeed cheats (to say the least). There are bloodsuckers and scammers everywhere on the internet.....even at the Gun Shows.

I emailed one of the dealers (GunBroker ad) a few days ago and asked for detailed pictures of the actual SCAR he had for sale and told him that most of HIS pictures were from someone else's auction. I really didn't expect a response from him. He DID reply by sending just ONE picture (the fuzzy one that was already on the auction). He didn't say anything, just sent the picture. I certainly wouldn't buy from him.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you QB I just hate to see scammers try to take advantage of people, I am only trying to point out inconstancy in the auctions to help people make better choices before they purchase. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
_47_ said:
Hmm. herbertguns has sold Scar #47 quite a few times.
Do you mean item 120277370 for $7,525.00 (sold to kabal) or relisted after it sold # 120694105 no sale. Relisted one more time and sold for $6000 to motorboy615. Motorboy save $1500 by the bid history. I think that the ran the price up with the fake name kabal.
Or there is two limited #47 out there. :lol:
Hebert guns had it for sale for $3250 in there store. I call them up after the gunbroker carzzyness they told me it is no longer for sale in the store and that I had to bid on it. :evil:

·
Registered
87 Posts
QB said:
Well the dealer with GunBroker #120702069 doesn't have any in stock so those pictures are just "representations" to begin with!!! He's selling "pre-delivery" with no real timeframe given other than the guns will be "within the first 1000". And there was a "winning bid"......Good grief!!!!!
I'm suprised gunbroker hasn't put a stop to selling something that is not technically available to the customer. I thought preselling wasn't allowed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It isnt, it is like an auction you are bidding on something that they are suppose to have. All it is going to take is for one person that knows what they are doing to purchase a $3000 scar and then wonder why it is not at their dealer, call the seller to find out they never had it, and within 24 hours the seller will be on a ride to the buyers state in shiny bracelets. My suggestion to those who do it, if you are putting stuff up for auction and not clearly stating pre-sale then by all means STOP!

I almost fell into that trap a few years ago with a PS90. I saw a couple listed but all the pictures were the same. Luckally I called the dealer only to find out "actually it is a presale" and "you send me the money and I send you the gun when I get it" my response was - "well it doesnt say that and this is an auction I have an expectation of getting it when I send the money" then the seller responded with something stupid like "well I am letting you know now that it is a presale". I then reported the auction but never found out what happened with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts