FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got their Free C-More Sight from FN? I picked up my new FS2000 about 2 weeks ago and faxed in the form a few days later. I talked to Amy at FN to make sure they received it and she said anywhere up to 30 days.

I was just curious if anyone else has received theirs and how long it actually took.

I know ... I know ... I should be patient ... but I want my new free toy! LOL

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got my ps90 around the first week of Nov. and like you I called to verify that they did in fact receive my info for the free C-More. It was confirmed and the girl I spoke to stated that at about the 30 day mark they would send out a shipment of the sights en masse. To answer your question directly, I have not received mine yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have any of you had issues submitting the BATF 4473 form? My dealer says he's not supposed to give copies of that form out to anyone. I also have issues sending my personal info like soc# and date of birth to a 3rd party no matter how many promises they make about keeping it secure or not selling it. Any one else have a suggestion/opinion about this?

·
Registered
980 Posts
fschoening said:
Have any of you had issues submitting the BATF 4473 form? My dealer says he's not supposed to give copies of that form out to anyone. I also have issues sending my personal info like soc# and date of birth to a 3rd party no matter how many promises they make about keeping it secure or not selling it. Any one else have a suggestion/opinion about this?
I agree that it is prudent to safeguard your social security number. I would black that out on the copy of the 4473. Hopefully FN won't mind and they are only concerned with verifying the purchase/ purchase date.

·
Registered
156 Posts
fschoening said:
Have any of you had issues submitting the BATF 4473 form? My dealer says he's not supposed to give copies of that form out to anyone.
I was concerned about the difficulty I might encounter asking for a copy but my transfer dealer had no issue with it. He told me that the FFL dealer has an affirmative duty to keep and maintain records regarding firearm purchases. The 4473 form is part of that requirement, but there is nothing preventing him providing you, as the purchasing party, with a copy of the form because it is your information.

If your dealer is unsure, politely ask him to contact the BATF. It is not unusual for a dealer not to know or understand the finer details of the law. On the other hand, occasionally it can take two or three calls to the BATF to find someone who does know and understand the law...

fschoening said:
I also have issues sending my personal info like soc# and date of birth to a 3rd party no matter how many promises they make about keeping it secure or not selling it. Any one else have a suggestion/opinion about this?
The Social Security Number block is optional so I do not fill it out when I do the form. If you are concerned, redact that part of the form. You can use a black marker or "White Out" and make a second copy to conceal your sensitive information.

I do not know, but I believe FN is requiring the 4473 because this promotion is to encourage sales and is designed to reward retail customers, not dealers. Unfortunately, some dealers took advantage of the situation the last time FN offered free C-More optics. During that period, some of the dealers who handled shipping FS2000 rifles back for the firing pin recall ended up keeping the C-More optics that FN had intended to provide the actual owners of the rifles. FN wanted purchasers of the rifle to have a good experience with it and the company. The free C-More optic was to make up for the inconvenience not benefit dealers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had problems getting the dealer to give me a copy of the 4473 as well. They said that by law they are not supposed to do that. I finally got them to give it to me, sent in that, the invoice, coupon, and two months later, still no sight. FN says they lost the paperwork, now I have to go through the whole thing with the dealer again. :(

MD

·
Administrator
11,358 Posts
Faxed the paperwork around January 7th and got my sight today.

Been a good week so far: Approved Form 1 yesterday, a 5.7X28 shell holder for my RCBS Trim Pro yesterday, and now my C-More today.

Loaded up some dev rounds to go to the range with tomorrow or the next day to chrony some data.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I sent mine a couple of days ago. The various posts certainly support FN's claim that they're shipping them in batches.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I finally got in touch with someone right after my last post and was told she would check and call back. Have yet to hear from them. I have yet to ever get a call back or an email back from FN about this issue. Looks like I need to send a certified letter on monday giving them 15 days to send the sight or $350 or I take further action.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I received mine for my PS90 right at 8 weeks. I always call and make sure they got the fax. Call 703-288-3500 x122 (I believe that extension is right) and ask for Stephanie, she will tell you where you stand. Don't bother leaving a message...call until you get her. FNH is no different than all gun OEMs...just have to deal with it and they will send the sight eventually.

If you don't have any luck, send me a PM with your info and I will try and help you. I have a friend that works with them. They will help the LEOs a little faster on occasion.

LT PSS :?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey, I got my C-More today, only about 2.5 weeks after mailing (not faxing) in my forms! That's pretty quick service, if you consider the shipping both ways. Plus, I didn't have to call in or anything--it just magically appeared on my doorstep.

Now, when Radd finishes up the Raddlock for my FS2000, I am completely ready to shoot this thing. Sling, ammo, sight, and targets are all taken care of!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I ordered mine this past Friday 08/29/2008 or is it 29/08/2008 . I guess it will show up just about the time I forget about it. I guess Ill just :eek: until then

drew

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
9-9-08
I get a voicemail from Stephanie stating that page 2 of my 4473 was missing and they needed it to process my order.

When I bought the gun there was no way to get a copy of the form from the dealer as the room with the copier was locked. No problem if they could fax it to me. They agreed that would be fine. The dealer was faxing it as I walked out the door, no problem or so i thought. I fire everything off next day to FNH unaware I was missing the 2nd page, too excited I guess. A few days of calling the dealer and page 2 never appears as promised. In frustration I was forced to drive back to get the copy.

Stephanie had given me her fax number for the dealer to fax directly to her. I suspected I shouldnt rely on the dealer to come through. If i had I would never see my site.

Really cool of FNH to make the extra effort and not just toss my info out for being incomplete.

thank you Stephanie wherever you are.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts