FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trust me, don’t martyr yourself for what is on Parler.

Trust me, don’t martyr yourself for what is on Parler.
You're starting to scare me, you've been a member since 7/2013 but only in the past 11 days have you posted a thing. Now, you're telling yourself not to be a martyr and clearly didn't read or comprehend that I have never been on Parler. In another thread you clearly didn't know what you were looking at.

I'm heading out on a limb here and will state that this users account has been hacked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Trust me, don’t martyr yourself for what is currently being shared on Parler.
You're starting to scare me, you've been a member since 7/2013 but only in the past 11 days have you posted a thing. Now, you're telling yourself not to be a martyr and clearly didn't read or comprehend that I have never been on Parler. In another thread you clearly didn't know what you were looking at.

I'm heading out on a limb here and will state that this users account has been hacked.

You are ready to “finish it” based on what you read on Fox News then or? Finish what exactly, and how? I hope for you and our Country that it is your account that has been hacked. Just because you have a ton of angry asshole posts over the years doesn’t make you right. But keep playing the angry outraged card on the internet, it’s working for you.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are ready to “finish it” based on what you read on Fox News then or? Finish what exactly, and how? I hope for you and our Country that it is your account that has been hacked. Just because you have a ton of angry asshole posts over the years doesn’t make you right. But keep playing the angry outraged card on the internet, it’s working for you.
Oh look another liberal in our midst! Angry, outrage? No not really but an Asshole, why yes I am.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go back and re-read what I posted.

1) So what if Parler enriches themselves if they provide a service we're willing to pay for. It's called Capitalism. I don't need you telling me what I should read. I can think for myself.
2) Tell me something that hasn't been happening since long before I was born, and that was quite a long time ago. Social Media caused this? Yeah, right.
3) Stupid people are born every minute (P. T. Barnum). Mass media has always had as it's main purpose persuasion and swaying opinion. Ain't never been such a thing as unbiased media.
4) Kudos for your ability to discern the obvious.

Not sure what you think you're helping, but hope this helps.
@Reader has reading comprehension issues which is ironic...

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reader and that glowing stuff one and the same?
Probably, they could be thought monitors here to keep an eye on us. Irony is, within hours we had identified and located one. So really, whose monitoring who? The collective knowledge and skills of some of the members is impressive.

·
Administrator
11,726 Posts
Whats wrong with allowing any member whatever their political ideology from sharing their point of view without disparaging them? Disagreement yes but name calling and cheap juvenile remarks can be left at the door.

You are talking about apps and services that no one forces you to use or support. You have the ultimate choice still.....turn the damn thing off, don't use it, delete it, or dispose of it however you want. But the choice is still yours.

I agree these mega corporations have too much power, just like Ma Bell and Hearst had. They need to be broken up, cut down to size or whatever.

That however will not be accomplished here. Write or contact your representatives and complain IF you think you can get by the Party dogma first. The Parties are what need to be disposed of first and foremost for change to happen. No.one makes you a D or an R or whatever, but your choice on that single issue is what drives what happens out there.

Just my 2 cents......

·
Registered
211 Posts
Whats wrong with allowing any member whatever their political ideology from sharing their point of view without disparaging them? Disagreement yes but name calling and cheap juvenile remarks can be left at the door.

You are talking about apps and services that no one forces you to use or support. You have the ultimate choice still.....turn the damn thing off, don't use it, delete it, or dispose of it however you want. But the choice is still yours.

I agree these mega corporations have too much power, just like Ma Bell and Hearst had. They need to be broken up, cut down to size or whatever.

That however will not be accomplished here. Write or contact your representatives and complain IF you think you can get by the Party dogma first. The Parties are what need to be disposed of first and foremost for change to happen. No.one makes you a D or an R or whatever, but your choice on that single issue is what drives what happens out there.

Just my 2 cents......

What happens when you keep letting obvious trolls in. Just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nice cartoon. Does not mean anything. The limitation of speech you want me to oppress is the same free speech you are accusing the govt, news, and mega corps of suppressing.
Why do you have to keep suppressing freedom of speech by sticking up for the trolls? Hell, if they can't stand a little name calling when they're stupid what good are they?

Want to turn this place into another knitting class go ahead, keep it up.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Nice cartoon. Does not mean anything. The limitation of speech you want me to oppress is the same free speech you are accusing the govt, news, and mega corps of suppressing.
Ok, so in the Protestors breach capitol building thread there are 35 post by one member in the first 100 post.

Broken down it looks like this:

10 of the first 20 post (1 through 20)
6 of the next 20 post (21 through 40)
7 of the next 20 post (41 through 60)
8 of the next 20 post (61 through 80)
4 of the next 20 post (81 through 100)

Letting someone have their say is fine, inundating threads with liberal talking points is detrimental to the forum.

Is there not any rules about how many post one member can post in a thread?

·
Administrator
11,726 Posts
Why do you have to keep suppressing freedom of speech by sticking up for the trolls? Hell, if they can't stand a little name calling when they're stupid what good are they?

Want to turn this place into another knitting class go ahead, keep it up.
You can leave if you want. Its your choice.

Start your own forum and you can limit the membership however you want. You can call it "My Limited Opinion, No Dissent Allowed". Better yet, if free speech bothers you so much no matter the source, stay out of the Freestyle Forum and threads that you know will ruffle your feathers.

If the result is another knitting class then it will be a knitting class where all views are presentable so long as they comply with the rules.

You can always go to BARF15 and see how well you fare there......

·
Administrator
11,726 Posts
Ok, so in the Protestors breach capitol building thread there are 35 post by one member in the first 100 post.

Letting someone have their say is fine, inundating threads with liberal talking points is detrimental to the forum.

Why yes, and I have 5 on the first page of 10 post. I guess I should ban myself for posting in threads.....

His posting style is his and if he chooses to have conversations with 8 people in a single thread about the same subject, it is his prerogative. If he bothers you so much, use the ignore feature and his post will disappear. Its his freaking thread. If you don't want to comment, don't. No one forces anyone here to be keyboard ninjas...

You too can make as many replies as you choose to as many members you want to reply to in each thread if it is relevant to the topic.

I don't see a rule about limiting the number of post a member can make.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You can leave if you want. Its your choice.
Oh, how childish. "My way or the highway!" Grow up.

Why yes, and I have 5 on the first page of 10 post. I guess I should ban myself for posting in threads.....
You're sounding like a liberal. You're the one who brought up banning, now you're throwing it in our faces like we started it.

All I'm saying is LEAVE IT ALONE! Stop trying to regulate speech and then accuse us of trying to regulate speech. If the trolls can't stand being treated like trolls get treated then that's their problem.

Most of the guys in here, from what I'm detecting, are old enough we didn't grow up with the Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?" bull$hit in school. In the immortal words of Harry Callahan, "If they want to play lumberjack they need to learn to handle their end of the log."

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey! HEy!! HEY!!! Can't we all just get along?

I'm going to start a knitting thread next. The first one who starts sh!t in my knitting thread is going to find themselves knitting all alone in the corner. Do not make me place you in the corner to knit alone!

For the record all liberals attending the knitting thread will be required to knit snowflakes. All conservatives attending the knitting thread will be required to knit snow blowers. Yes, I know it appears I'm being unfair placing the more difficult task on conservatives. It is what it is.....MY damn knitting thread!!!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If you deem it necessary, you are the moderator not me.

His posting style is his and if he chooses to have conversations with 8 people in a single thread about the same subject, it is his prerogative. If he bothers you so much, use the ignore feature and his post will disappear. Its his freaking thread. If you don't want to comment, don't. No one forces anyone here to be keyboard ninjas...
Macprowler started the thread not the member in question.

You too can make as many replies as you choose to as many members you want to reply to in each thread if it is relevant to the topic.

I don't see a rule about limiting the number of post a member can make.
Ok, thanks but I will pass. I thought there was a rule about it but I was wrong. Thanks for clarifying.

·
Administrator
11,726 Posts
Oh, how childish. "My way or the highway!" Grow up.
No one told you "my way or the highway". You have options, exercise them. Personally I do not care what you choose to do as long as you abide by the rules. So you are the one who should grow up. I never understood nor will I ever understand why a personal attack on anyone instead of attacking their views and supporting your views with facts through discussion is somehow the superior solution to a disagreement. IF I YELL LOUD ENOUGH I WILL WIN!!!

You're sounding like a liberal.
I am not a liberal but I will not stop a liberal member from posting his valid opinion simply because it bothers you, whether I disagree with it or not.

You're the one who brought up banning, now you're throwing it in our faces like we started it.
No, I questioned why banning a liberal was in the interest of anyone. No one here threatened you with a ban. You were simply told that if you do not like what a liberal post, use the ignore feature. If that is not sufficient for you, then no one is stopping you from leaving if that is what you want to do. I have no superpowers to keep you here. You want a breakdown.....since I have been here I would have to estimate the approximately 30% of the membership has moderate to liberal views but simply do not post because of the biased responses they will receive to any open discussion they want to start. For someone who wants to ensure free speech, you seem to be doing your best to ensure that this free speech only applies to your views and not someone's else's views. And if it doesn't, then you want to be able to call them names like a bully in a playground. And the only reason for that is because you do not like them and you want them to leave. How freaking pathetic is that?

I spent 20 years of my life defending the rights of EVERYONE to speak their minds. I will not limit a liberal view just like I will not limit a conservative view. Unlike you, I do not get to choose whether I agree or not and erase what I don't like. I only get to determine if the post is valid and should stand based on the rules.

All I'm saying is LEAVE IT ALONE! Stop trying to regulate speech and then accuse us of trying to regulate speech. If the trolls can't stand being treated like trolls get treated then that's their problem.
And all I am saying is that his right to his freedom of speech is no less valid than your right to your freedom of speech. But name calling is juvenile and a rules violation. So why don't you leave it alone and stop trying to regulate speech of a member that you clearly despise? You call him a troll because he is a liberal. And if he called you a troll for being a (fill in the blank) that am I supposed to limit your speech because he does not like you?

I will not let this forum devolve into a play ground where the loudest and biggest bully gets his way and tries to ramrod only his views of what should be. Not going to happen.

Most of the guys in here, from what I'm detecting, are old enough we didn't grow up with the Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?" bull$hit in school. In the immortal words of Harry Callahan, "If they want to play lumberjack they need to learn to handle their end of the log."
Neither did I. But that does not change what you are trying to do. You are trying to justify your way to force me to limit a members speech that you do not like. The same speech that you demand you have a right to espouse.

Most of the guys....does that mean the ten most extreme members that want their view only and no one else's?

1. Use the ignore feature.
2. Stay out threads that will ruffle your feathers.
3. If you do decide to post responses to any post don't come crying to me that a response upset you and you want the troll to go away.

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE. It your right so use it.

But I do have one superpower left.....closing the freestyle room to all discussion. Then it would be ME limiting speech and I will not do that and then the only discussion would be about FN guns....which is what this forum is supposed to be about.

Or maybe I can make Glowing_Plasma a Moderator and really piss you off......;)

·
Administrator
11,726 Posts
If you deem it necessary, you are the moderator not me.

Macprowler started the thread not the member in question.

Ok, thanks but I will pass. I thought there was a rule about it but I was wrong. Thanks for clarifying.
I was speaking spaciously. I do my best not to lock threads nor penalize members for their outspoken views. I do not want to limit discussion but it has become obvious to me that some people simply can't handle opposing views. I am no different, I have views that I know do not align with some people. But to devolve to juvenile'ism is not the solution

You are right, Macprowler did start the thread.

I understand your opposition to flooding threads with responses but a review indicates that GP mostly responded to opinions and discussions other members presented.

Once again, there is an IGNORE feature and I applaud anyone who chooses to use it as it is their choice. I also said that if no one responds to any members comments the member will stop posting, but this is just another form of exclusion that I despise.

·
Registered
225 Posts

This is an excellent point. These trolls are NOT here to share knowledge with an open mind.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts