FN Herstal Firearms banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
No one told you "my way or the highway". You have options, exercise them. Personally I do not care what you choose to do as long as you abide by the rules. So you are the one who should grow up. I never understood nor will I ever understand why a personal attack on anyone instead of attacking their views and supporting your views with facts through discussion is somehow the superior solution to a disagreement. IF I YELL LOUD ENOUGH I WILL WIN!!!

I am not a liberal but I will not stop a liberal member from posting his valid opinion simply because it bothers you, whether I disagree with it or not.

No, I questioned why banning a liberal was in the interest of anyone. No one here threatened you with a ban. You were simply told that if you do not like what a liberal post, use the ignore feature. If that is not sufficient for you, then no one is stopping you from leaving if that is what you want to do. I have no superpowers to keep you here. You want a breakdown.....since I have been here I would have to estimate the approximately 30% of the membership has moderate to liberal views but simply do not post because of the biased responses they will receive to any open discussion they want to start. For someone who wants to ensure free speech, you seem to be doing your best to ensure that this free speech only applies to your views and not someone's else's views. And if it doesn't, then you want to be able to call them names like a bully in a playground. And the only reason for that is because you do not like them and you want them to leave. How freaking pathetic is that?

I spent 20 years of my life defending the rights of EVERYONE to speak their minds. I will not limit a liberal view just like I will not limit a conservative view. Unlike you, I do not get to choose whether I agree or not and erase what I don't like. I only get to determine if the post is valid and should stand based on the rules.

And all I am saying is that his right to his freedom of speech is no less valid than your right to your freedom of speech. But name calling is juvenile and a rules violation. So why don't you leave it alone and stop trying to regulate speech of a member that you clearly despise? You call him a troll because he is a liberal. And if he called you a troll for being a (fill in the blank) that am I supposed to limit your speech because he does not like you?

I will not let this forum devolve into a play ground where the loudest and biggest bully gets his way and tries to ramrod only his views of what should be. Not going to happen.

Neither did I. But that does not change what you are trying to do. You are trying to justify your way to force me to limit a members speech that you do not like. The same speech that you demand you have a right to espouse.

Most of the guys....does that mean the ten most extreme members that want their view only and no one else's?

1. Use the ignore feature.
2. Stay out threads that will ruffle your feathers.
3. If you do decide to post responses to any post don't come crying to me that a response upset you and you want the troll to go away.

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE. It your right so use it.

But I do have one superpower left.....closing the freestyle room to all discussion. Then it would be ME limiting speech and I will not do that and then the only discussion would be about FN guns....which is what this forum is supposed to be about.

Or maybe I can make Glowing_Plasma a Moderator and really piss you off......;)
These trolls are NOT here to share knowledge with an open mind. This blessing of protecting their freedom of speech is valiant in an older context. We are at war with an evil and vengeful force that will destroy everything you have fought for. And you are letting them have a platform when they have no desire to listen to our side. They have not bled for our country. Most don’t pay taxes and those that have money, have manipulated the government to fund them. They seek to destroy our country and you allow it. You must change your conceptual framework for the good of this forum and see evil for what it is.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
We do too, crypto and recce have long paired well...

·
Administrator
11,725 Posts
These trolls are NOT here to share knowledge with an open mind. This blessing of protecting their freedom of speech is valiant in an older context. We are at war with an evil and vengeful force that will destroy everything you have fought for. And you are letting them have a platform when they have no desire to listen to our side. They have not bled for our country. Most don’t pay taxes and those that have money, have manipulated the government to fund them. They seek to destroy our country and you allow it. You must change your conceptual framework for the good of this forum and see evil for what it is.
I do not disagree with you in principle. But I don't see GP as a troll and if you have solid evidence to the contrary, then fill me in. Because you do not like his post and they do not align with your views, does not make him a troll. We all talk about freedom of speech yet I see such a double standard concerning the conservative and liberal views. Is it war, yes in the sense of differing political ideologies but is it truly war? No.

My place is not to judge who has a right to say what. My place is to ensure there are no rules violations. Give me a clear rules violation and I will do what I have to do. Dissenting speech is not a rules violation. Stupidity is not a rules violation but who judges what level of stupidity is sufficient to ban someone? That is why we have rules.

I agree we have a bunch of government treat suckers on the hips of Government for a free ride. And our elected officials have abandoned what they are supposed to do and we are left with the resulting mess.

I will not allow the destruction of this country but I will not limit speech because if free speech fails, the Republic has failed and we need to start again. Not because the idea has failed, but because it has been so perverted by politicians, they doomed it to fail. I know that I limit speech on this forum but I do it to maintain order as I have been instructed to do and to let this forum devolve to nothing but yelling matches will result in the closing of this forum and that will do more damage than anything else concerning free speech. Every member has to agree to the rules before joining this forum and posting. This is a choice YOU and other made to be here.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
As Elon Musk recently said "How strange. Well, back to work".

·
Administrator
11,725 Posts
No, you as the thread author complained that your thread was hijacked. I agreed it was hijacked and way off subject so I split the two subjects into two different threads. I did not eliminate either thread like Parler was eliminated.

This is an example of thread management, nothing else. Stopping the cross talk. Hijacking a thread is frowned upon as it should be otherwise every thread would devolve into several irrelevant discussion pertaining to the original topic.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
No, you as the thread author complained that your thread was hijacked. I agreed it was hijacked and way off subject so I split the two subjects into two different threads. I did not eliminate either thread like Parler was eliminated.

This is an example of thread management, nothing else. Stopping the cross talk. Hijacking a thread is frowned upon as it should be otherwise every thread would devolve into several irrelevant discussion pertaining to the original topic.
I like thread management, it lends itself well to my soon to be created knitting thread.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
357 Posts
I’m pretty sure you can click on a posters avatar, go to that page and select “ignore”.
I’m not really sure if this does not load posts within a thread or posts started by the “ignoree “
Maybe the new web host can educate us on what this actually accomplishes.

·
Registered
983 Posts
there is nothing wrong with anyone voicing an opinion, even democrats.

it is just that while they are at it, they should explain why they support or defend human sex trafficking and drug trafficking across the southern border, and/or fight any efforts to take meaningful steps to stop it.

denial is not an explanation.

21 - 40 of 104 Posts