FN Herstal Firearms banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have a question for all theSouthern and Mid-Western friends on here. I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I'm an American with hispanic descent from Miami. I'm not into hating anyone for anything and I like to make friends with nice people. If I was to go on a cross-country road trip to get to know my country more intimately, do you think people will be rude to me or try to kick my ass just because of the way I look and my Miami accent? I've always wanted to go to a small town and see what that's like but I always wonder if people will just try to avoid me or treat me like **** cause I look too city or hispanic. I know it may sound like a stupid question to some, but it's something that I've often thought about. I've always admired country folk and the culture, music, food, sense of humor, and I'd like to be able to participate. I love my country, I just want to know if it will love me back even if I'm different. Thank you for reading

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hey Sam, im hispanic also. Born and raised in California, but live in VA for the past 20 years. I dont think you will have any issues to worry about exploring the country side. Just enjoy it and have a great time. Ive never felt threatened, just because the way i looked. I look more Italian, than half Mexican , lol

·
Premium Member
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi, I have a question for all theSouthern and Mid-Western friends on here. I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I'm an American with hispanic descent from Miami. I'm not into hating anyone for anything and I like to make friends with nice people. If I was to go on a cross-country road trip to get to know my country more intimately, do you think people will be rude to me or try to kick my ass just because of the way I look and my Miami accent? I've always wanted to go to a small town and see what that's like but I always wonder if people will just try to avoid me or treat me like **** cause I look too city or hispanic. I know it may sound like a stupid question to some, but it's something that I've often thought about. I've always admired country folk and the culture, music, food, sense of humor, and I'd like to be able to participate. I love my country, I just want to know if it will love me back even if I'm different. Thank you for reading
I am originally from Coral Gables, what I discovered many years ago was this. When traveling throughout the US do NOT mention you are from South Florida. As I'm sure you're aware SoFla is a very mean place especially Dade and Broward. Now when I travel and I'm asked where I'm from I tell them Florida and leave it at that.

As for an accent, I'll have to assume you're of Cuban decent. With as many immigrants from Mexico, South and Central America I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Premium Member
14,048 Posts
Welcome to our lovely Forum! Sam
Noticed you been lurking since 2017

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am originally from Coral Gables, what I discovered many years ago was this. When traveling throughout the US do NOT mention you are from South Florida. As I'm sure you're aware SoFla is a very mean place especially Dade and Broward. Now when I travel and I'm asked where I'm from I tell them Florida and leave it at that.

As for an accent, I'll have to assume you're of Cuban decent. With as many immigrants from Mexico, South and Central America I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Haha. Thanks for the tip.

·
Administrator
11,696 Posts
I don't see you having any issues. I have traveled throughout the country without any issues.

Make your plans.
Be aware of your surroundings.
Enjoy your trip.

I have only had one issue in my entire travels in the US and around the world.

·
Premium Member
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Haha. Thanks for the tip.
You're welcome. It's sad but people tend to think all South Floridians are drug addicts, criminals and face eating lunatics. Then again we brought a lot of that on ourselves. Still though some of my best memories are of Miami and Coconut Grove and the food, oh the food....

·
Registered
304 Posts
You're welcome. It's sad but people tend to think all South Floridians are drug addicts, criminals and face eating lunatics. Then again we brought a lot of that on ourselves. Still though some of my best memories are of Miami and Coconut Grove and the food, oh the food....
And Californians are meth addicts, lol

Reactions: SeaMac

·
Registered
219 Posts
I do not disagree with you in principle. But I don't see GP as a troll and if you have solid evidence to the contrary, then fill me in. Because you do not like his post and they do not align with your views, does not make him a troll. We all talk about freedom of speech yet I see such a double standard concerning the conservative and liberal views. Is it war, yes in the sense of differing political ideologies but is it truly war? No.

My place is not to judge who has a right to say what. My place is to ensure there are no rules violations. Give me a clear rules violation and I will do what I have to do. Dissenting speech is not a rules violation. Stupidity is not a rules violation but who judges what level of stupidity is sufficient to ban someone? That is why we have rules.

I agree we have a bunch of government treat suckers on the hips of Government for a free ride. And our elected officials have abandoned what they are supposed to do and we are left with the resulting mess.

I will not allow the destruction of this country but I will not limit speech because if free speech fails, the Republic has failed and we need to start again. Not because the idea has failed, but because it has been so perverted by politicians, they doomed it to fail. I know that I limit speech on this forum but I do it to maintain order as I have been instructed to do and to let this forum devolve to nothing but yelling matches will result in the closing of this forum and that will do more damage than anything else concerning free speech. Every member has to agree to the rules before joining this forum and posting. This is a choice YOU and other made to be here.
First and foremost, I presently consider you to be a good man. Despite the fact you have insulted one of our greatest presidents, I recognize your attempt to not censor and to uphold the law. However, you are entrenched in the letter of the law and fail to see the Spirit of the law. So, I will speak to you with a parable. There once was a woman who disguised herself as a man. She worked a short time to gain the trust of the King. However, the King’s servants would not accept her and knew her disguise was a facade. She had claimed to buy a gun and within days of its acquisition became an expert with recognizing a difference in ammunition accuracy. She poses a question that brings skepticism from the King’s servants, but the King is enamored by her and his laws, so he refutes his servants in favor of her. Knowing she has the support of the King, she spreads her lies and deceit to turn one against the other. The King’s servants have been banned from FacebookTwitterLand, and they have but little choice to stay with the King. Until, one day the King’s servants arise above the lies and say no more. The King’s servants ignore the woman and nobody responds to her wicked words, and she withers away to the hole she once came.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep, I went to Gables and grew up around all Miami - Little Havana, Grove, Gables. I live in Kendall now but I'm practically in the Grove everyday, so we're gonna see if we move there this year.

·
Premium Member
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Yep, I went to Gables and grew up around all Miami - Little Havana, Grove, Gables. I live in Kendall now but I'm practically in the Grove everyday, so we're gonna see if we move there this year.
Yessir a Cavalier myself as well my older sister. Went to Gables elementary and Ponce too. I grew up one block West of the fountain West of Venetian Pool. The Biltmore and Salvadore Park were our playgrounds. I lived in Kendall as well just East of Dadeland Mall. My parents docked their Hatteras at Dinner Key, spent many days and nights in the Grove at Monty Trainers. You brought back fond memories, again though the food, I've been many places on this Earth but nothing compares to the food in Miami...

·
Administrator
11,696 Posts
First and foremost, I presently consider you to be a good man. Despite the fact you have insulted one of our greatest presidents, I recognize your attempt to not censor and to uphold the law. However, you are entrenched in the letter of the law and fail to see the Spirit of the law. So, I will speak to you with a parable. There once was a woman who disguised herself as a man. She worked a short time to gain the trust of the King. However, the King’s servants would not accept her and knew her disguise was a facade. She had claimed to buy a gun and within days of its acquisition became an expert with recognizing a difference in ammunition accuracy. She poses a question that brings skepticism from the King’s servants, but the King is enamored by her and his laws, so he refutes his servants in favor of her. Knowing she has the support of the King, she spreads her lies and deceit to turn one against the other. The King’s servants have been banned from FacebookTwitterLand, and they have but little choice to stay with the King. Until, one day the King’s servants arise above the lies and say no more. The King’s servants ignore the woman and nobody responds to her wicked words, and she withers away to the hole she once came.

Nice parable.

I also consider you a good man as well. However whether DJT is one of the greatest Presidents in history is open for discussion. I have lived through Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama, Trump, and will now have to deal with Biden. And there were many others, 46 now to be exact. Some were morons, some were criminal, and some were Statesmen of a caliber we have not seen since the birth of this Great Nation. I respect that you consider DJT with such high esteem, but I do not and I have my reasons for this. We all have opinions and beliefs of what others are.

Everyone of these Presidents have had great achievements and each one has had utter failures in leadership.

Now to the spirit of the law vs the law itself. They are not mutually exclusive neither are they mutually supportive as each has to be looked at as to the intent behind them. As this is about posters ability to opine it is irresponsible for me to block ones opinion but allow the opinion of the other. If I do block it, I take away your right to choose. I would hope that each and every one of us has enough common sense to determine what is BS and what is not, however it is not up to me to make that decision for everyone or anyone. I am not the thought police.

I am well aware of what some posters on this forum are trying to do but unless there is a clear rules violation, I am hesitant to take enforcement action beyond a reminder that certain activities are not allowed. If that is not sufficient to resolve the issue at hand, then I will take further action as I feel is necessary.

I am stuck in this parable...you can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but I will never ever be able to please all of the people all of the time.

There are some members that are watched very closely. I am not immune to the possibilities that some members present potential ill will to this site and are here solely to inflame the membership and undermine the forums existance. I am also not immune to the position that this is a concerted effort by others to destroy what the vast majority of us stand for.

I appreciate your thoughts and concerns and they do not fall on deaf ears.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Probably, they could be thought monitors here to keep an eye on us. Irony is, within hours we had identified and located one. So really, whose monitoring who? The collective knowledge and skills of some of the members is impressive.
Thought monitors? Wow.

Your post is quite telling. It is you who monitor people whose thoughts you don’t like, and try to intimidate them by publishing their personal information.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Ok, so in the Protestors breach capitol building thread there are 35 post by one member in the first 100 post.

Broken down it looks like this:

10 of the first 20 post (1 through 20)
6 of the next 20 post (21 through 40)
7 of the next 20 post (41 through 60)
8 of the next 20 post (61 through 80)
4 of the next 20 post (81 through 100)

Letting someone have their say is fine, inundating threads with liberal talking points is detrimental to the forum.

Is there not any rules about how many post one member can post in a thread?
You’re free to ignore any posts you don’t like, Spiker. Most of my posts are specific responses to others posts. Since multiple people make posts quoting me, I often make multiple responses. It’s really that simple.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts