FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The International Association for the Protection of Civilian Arms Rights (IAPCAR) announced today that French gun rights group National Union of Owners Arms Hunting and Shooting (UNPACT) have joined the international coalition of 29 associations in 21 countries dedicated to defending civilian firearms rights.

UNPACT’s membership in the civilian arms rights coalition expands the European membership to eleven groups from eleven different EU and non-EU countries.

“We’re on the side of everyday people in all countries that wish to exercise their right to use firearms for legitimate purposes, including self-defense,” IAPCAR’s Executive Director Philip Watson said. “We’re very pleased to have UNPACT as our newest ally in the fight against extremist groups and individuals attempting to diminish firearms and self-defense rights.”

Read more: French Gun Rights Group Joins Growing International Coalition Against Gun Control | TheGunMag - The Official Gun Magazine of the Second Amendment FoundationTheGunMag ? The Official Gun Magazine of the Second Amendment Foundation

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I guess the decades of increased crime without a way to protect themselves is finally swaying opinions back into the realm of common sense. This probably ties in with Kenya mall incident where the EU(?) actually suggested it would good to arm private individuals.

However, the sarcastic part of me says that this will lead to more guns laying around to be picked up after the French surrender the next time.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
However, the sarcastic part of me says that this will lead to more guns laying around to be picked up after the French surrender the next time.

Good. I'm glad more people are realizing that the police force cannot be everywhere at all times, nor are they responsible to protect you at all time.s

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
This will go over like a lead balloon in Europe unfortunately, but kudos to them for trying. Maybe with a few more decades or a century they can manage to sway opinion enough to make headway.

I know some smart and individualistically minded Europeans and am still having a really hard time convincing them that private gun ownership is fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts