FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"A good knife can save a life", used to be the motto of the EK Knives Company, but that motto rang true for a Fresno County sheriff's deputy Sunday night who was responding to a shots-fired call.

Deputy John Capriola and his partner never thought when they went to a call about shots being fired they would be at the very center of danger. On Sunday evening, the two officers were in a Squaw Valley neighborhood trying to find several people shooting in the area.
Soon after they got out of their patrol car the noises got much louder and way more intense. "I could hear it coming right towards me," said Capriola. "It sounded like a laser and it hit me in the right leg and knocked me off my feet."

Capriola said, "I had a good partner, I told him I was hit, once we got behind cover it he jumped up and he started checking me to see where I got hit from. He saw a hole in my shirt and he thought I had gotten hit in my vest and I told him, no I got hit in the leg, I got hit in the leg."
The bullet did hit Capriola near his right thigh, but there was no blood.

"I pulled out my pocket knife, a big chunk was missing," said Capriola. "The bullet hit my knife."
The perfectly placed knife was in his right pant pocket and blocked the impact.

Capriola added, "One inch to the left, one inch to the right or up or down and it would have been a different story."
More units were called in to investigate and a sheriff's helicopter spotted a group of people in the backyard of a home. Weapons and ammunition were found there and five people were detained for questioning as deputies try to determine the circumstances of the shots being fired.

Read more: https://www.tactical-officer.com/articles/fresno-deputy-saved-from-gunshot-by-pocket-knife/#When:15:21:33Z

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
He got lucky for sure.

Reactions: Gers4Lyfe

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Yup lucky. Funny that he describes the shots coming at him sounding like a laser. Lasers make no noise. Freakin' Hollywood... Hahaha!!!

Reactions: djv38
1 - 4 of 4 Posts