FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day! I wanted my first post to be a fitting introduction:

I recently took delivery of a Kalifornia-rized SCAR 16s in FDE. I have familiarized myself with the manual of arms and disassembled/reassembled the rifle five times to get the hang of it. I plan to get familiar with the rifle in its stock form for about 500 rounds and make a decision with regard to certain changes that I've read about in these forums.

I have been shooting for the past 5 years (mostly pistols) and 2014 is the year of the rifle for me. This is my first high powered rifle, with the other being a S&W M&P 15-22 ME FDE.

Wishing everyone the best,
Domino

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,527 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the 16!

Reactions: domino.prime

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome and Congrats. I am sorry that you don't get the full flavored Scar being in Cali. Also before using that pmag you should search about how the damage your scar if you haven't already

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Congrats on your 16! Start saving for your 17. Welcome to the forum!:)

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Welcome and Congrats. I am sorry that you don't get the full flavored Scar being in Cali. Also before using that pmag you should search about how the damage your scar if you haven't already
Thank you very much for the tip regarding the PMag - it came with the rifle and it's the only Gen 2 magazine I have - I'll pass by my LGS where I got it and request for them to swap it out for a Gen 3. When disassembling the rifle, I checked the bolt and there wasn't the chipping seen in other threads. One thing I noticed on the trigger assembly and the lower was that there was white grease (possibly from the factory) as well as well lubed retaining pins:

2014-04-29 19.30.03.JPG

2014-04-29 19.36.24.JPG

2014-04-29 19.31.37.JPG

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Welcome from the People's Republik of Kolorado, a division of Kommiefornia, inc. :welcomesigntb3:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Congrats on the new toy.

Just get some aluminum GI style mags and call it a day. Though I don't know of any 10/30 or 10/20 type aluminum mags top of my head so that you can use in California. But then how are the cops gonna know that M16 mag wasn't made back in the early 1980s?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on the new toy.

Just get some aluminum GI style mags and call it a day. Though I don't know of any 10/30 or 10/20 type aluminum mags top of my head so that you can use in California. But then how are the cops gonna know that M16 mag wasn't made back in the early 1980s?
Thank you for the suggestion! I did pick up a couple of D&H aluminium magazines (10-rounds) with the Magpul follower. The OEM, slanted base, aluminium mag, even though was sealed in its plastic bag, was pretty scuffed. :)

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I'm willing to bet that some gun shops somewhere would have a bunch of ancient Adventure Line or BKay GI mags that were made in the 1970s and 1980s. Or old Colt brand mags.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome from So. Cal,,I guess us Cali boys have to make do with what we are "allowed"!!!!!
I am waiting on my PS90 and dislike my barrel ext. but oh well,,,at least we can have something out here!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts