FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing in the world more frustrating than spending four hours of your Saturday chunking $3.50 a piece bullets down range, questioning your reloading skills just to find out the budget scope rings you bought are the culprit. Lesson learned. Scope rings matter. Just ordered some more from optic planet. Not cutting any more corners againand these crappy about rings are going in the trash!!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Lol I can relate we spent all afternoon figuring why my rifle couldn't hold zero. I forgot to tighten the lug nut on the red dot that attached to the claw mount.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
I took the PS90 out for the first time today. I was just beginning to get it zeroed when the group started opening up. Luckily I only wasted 10 rounds before I realized that mount was rattling. My fault because I didn't torque it to spec. So I brought it home, loc tite, and torqued to spec. I'm sure it will be fine tomorrow.

This is the third time it's happened across various platforms. I feel your pain.

·
Administrator
12,030 Posts
Quality of scope rings are as necessary as quality of the glass. If you have $8000 glass with $20 scope rings and can't find and hold zero, it is the scope rings, and your $8000 glass is useless until the mounting is corrected. Spend the money on good quality scope rings the first time.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the amount of recoil this rifle produces I should have known better!! On the bright side I have a crap load of good data to add to my load book due to my new chronograph.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh man I had the same problem with my specter it was sliding fore an aft. A serious pain.

Fortune Favors The Bold!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts