FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the fs2000 on monday - able to go out to one of our "cinder-pits" today.

first i cleaned off all of the preservative oil/gunk.

inspected the "worn" plastic part closely - i think it is called the SPACER...it was pretty dented - this gun had to be shot several times at the factory....

At the cinder-pit:

put on my eotech 512 from my ps90 - shots were dead on at 100 yards - maybe i wont need to buy a second optic :shock: what am i saying - ok - i'll get something dedicated.

put on buddy's aimpoint - very nice put not aligned well

no mis-fires or FTF - worked flawlessly on Walmart 223 - Winchester varmit and remington....

love the balance of this gun as well as the ergonomics - i feel less hunched over than i do over my ps90.

shot with the iron sight - i have big ear muffs that interferred with the stock - other than that it was dead on at 100 yards.

minimal muzzle rise - nice control

i and my buddy were amused by the 6th shot ejaculate ( five cases flying out of the forward eject window in the 6th shot)

had some smoke after several 5-6 shot in quick sucsession - assume i didn't get all the crud off.

NOT SO NICE:

it is no ps90 to clean!
reading the manual, removing parts, getting breakfree all over the manual, damn near take off my finger on the plunger/pusher....maybe next time it will go quickly

CAN'T WAIT TO START THE ACCESSORIZING

URBAN ERT
PROB EOTECH 55X OR AIMPOINT OR MAYBE ACOG.$$$$$$
SEVERAL MAGS - PROB HK
MAYBE WEAPON LIGHT - NOT SURE HOW TO DO - ANY SUGGESTIONS?

·
Registered
47 Posts
FlagBonz said:
MAYBE WEAPON LIGHT - NOT SURE HOW TO DO - ANY SUGGESTIONS?
take apart the gun (slide the gray button)
pull the barrel off
pull down on the forward grip, it should slide easily off of the stock.

Take your alen wrench that you got with your tool set, and take it apart, be careful of the two small nuts that hold the screws in place, and make sure not to loose them.

Examine the inside of the two pieces, you should see plastic, circular outlines. use a dremmel tool with a sander bit on it to sand down to those circles, and insert a Surefire G2 light with a pressure pad sensor (no more than 5" cord, more than that gets in the way).

Drill a small hole in the back and the finish product should look about like mine.

And congrats on the purchase, I absolutely love mine.

edit: I did not come up with this, someone else on the forum did it and I just used his process.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marc- thanks! That looks great!

Dtheman - not sure about warranty. You think that i would as I have purchased 4 FNs in the last 6 months.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dude, the factory is not kidding when they way to clean all that packing gunk of of there. I've been carrying a flat-top AR w/10.5" barrel, ACOG Reflex II, and Surefire M500 as a patrol rifle for years. Got the FS2000 since (a) I've always wanted one and (b) I want to beat the Obama ban. Anyway, just got it last week. Put on a GemTech flash hider so I could use my GemTech G5, and took it to the range. I THOUGHT I cleaned all that crap off, but got some failurs to feed and a funny smell with most shots.

Read some posts here, then the owner's manual AGAIN, and soaked the thing in the cleaning fluid we use at the range. Airblasted the thing, let it dry for about an hour, and lightly lubed with Breakfree CLP. No hickups.

Anway, glad you bought one. They're great.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I first field-stripped my FS2K, I used Slip 2000 degreaser. This is a water-based solution that works very well on polymers and pretty much everything else. I simply sprayed all of the internals with it, let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes, and then wiped it dry. I then applied WeaponShield where directed in the manual. I've only shot 100 rounds so far, but no problems, smoke or funny odors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts