FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse the poor quality of these pics. I'll try and get some better ones outdoors when possible.

Here is my FS2000 with the Urban E.R.T. sling, Yankee Hill BUIS, and a Surefire M-3t mounted in the Forend:

The sling is in Single Point mode in this pic. To get the regular Surefire flashlights to work you need the XMxx Dual Switch Tailcap Assembly. It runs out the upper rear of the forend assembly and out the side. I still need to rig the button for the push on/off.

I went with the Yankee Hill sites because I wanted a set that would Co-Witness through the EOTECH. There are several good sets, the Yankee hills aren't too bad and you can use a regular site tool on the front site. I think the GG&G's may be nicer but for $320 vs $200 the Yankee Hills will work for now.
The mag is a Brownell's Chrome-Silicon with a Mag-Pull anti-tilt follower and a Magpul Ranger Floorplate. They worked fine if you inserted the mag with the bolt release at the rear and then released it. If you have the bolt forward and inserted the mag they would jam after the 1st round if you loaded 30. I don't out of habit so it's not an issue but it is something you might want to test if you are using the longer legged Mag-Pull followers they are a little tighter when loaded with 30 than some others I've tried.

Here's a comparison pic with an AR and a light:

The heads will interchange between the Surefire's and the XMxx Tailcap will also work with the 2 battery Surefire's. The 3 battery model just fits as you can see, it's against the rear and sticks that far out the front.
Both the FS-2000 and the AR are really fun to shoot. I like the trigger far better on the AR but the FS is just fun to shoot - I tried it with one hand at someones suggestion and it's balances better than my Smith 500 (kicks a lot less too :D )..........................................................DJ

·
Registered
173 Posts
Did the balance change too much when you got the flashlight in and the EOTech on it? This is pretty close to the setup I've been looking at doing for mine and I'm curious. I really wanted a flashlight for defense purposes more than anything else, so I'm curious as to how the weight and balance change.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice job

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did the balance change too much when you got the flashlight in and the EOTech on it?
I find if you put the EOTech all the way back on the rail, it sits almost directly above the existing center of mass, thus not changing the balance. I am using the shorter XPS2 model, but the 5xx series models that use AA batteries are longer and would put more weight forward.

As for the light, I'm planning a custom mod with only an LED module and heatsink up front, and the batteries in the buttstock to balance the weight addition.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
Nice job. How did you mod the fore-end to accept the light ? Mill it ? Hole saw ? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Got any more pics of that Vero Beach SR-15?

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Looks great i really like the light in the stock job- i did that to mine. I have an lwrc ar15 and i agree and like the trigger in my ar15 much better. I got a neutrigger on my fs made a sizable difference. Check them out. Supper each to install, took out some of the effort for the trigger pull. Still a loooong trigger pull but smoother and lighter now.

Remember to give thumbs up to the people who help ya out or give ya good words.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts