FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
HawaiiFS2000 said:
Does any1 know if you can buy just the factory 1.6 optic? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry - they don't sell them like that - eventually - U may see people sell them loose themselves...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does any1 know if you can buy just the factory 1.6 optic? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry - they don't sell them like that - eventually - U may see people sell them loose themselves...[/quote]

Darn I like the look of the factory optic just makes the gun look nice.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
It is my understanding that the factory optic will not go on the tactical FS2000 versions that came without it. At least, that is what FN says.

You must buy the entire rifle if you want it - and then sell your older FS2000 (if you want it bad enough)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is my understanding that the factory optic will not go on the tactical FS2000 versions that came without it. At least, that is what FN says.

You must buy the entire rifle if you want it - and then sell your older FS2000 (if you want it bad enough)
Well I dont have a FS2000 yet but was wondering if it could be done because here in Hawaii the only ones they sell is with no optic. I guess I will just have to have it brought in through an FFL.

·
Registered
320 Posts
HawaiiFS2000 said:
ShipWreck said:

Well I dont have a FS2000 yet but was wondering if it could be done because here in Hawaii the only ones they sell is with no optic. I guess I will just have to have it brought in through an FFL.
Why would they not sell the Standard, bu sell the Tactical? Are you sure that is correct? If so, what is the reasoning behind this?

FWIW, most dealers have to order them.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
The version with the optic hasn't been out very long. Certain places probably won't order the newest version until they sell the old stock as well. U may have to give it time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The version with the optic hasn't been out very long. Certain places probably won't order the newest version until they sell the old stock as well. U may have to give it time.
Dont know why they dont sell the tactical and no one with the optic but I also just talked to a local gun shop and they said they usually dont bring in the tactical but say they could probably find it for me. I am just worried about the cost because everything on this island seems to magically have a couple hundread dollars added on, even when shipping to Hawaii is only a couple of dollars more.
Also does any1 know if they sell the optic on the OD green version?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Why don't you buy the Standard version with the optic yourself through gunbroker.com or some other private transaction and then have it shipped to a FFL dealer in Hawaii who will do the transfer for a reasonable fee? I took a quick look at gunbroker and there are a few who seem to be reasonably priced. You can find a list of transfer dealers for your state under the "How do I buy" link.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why don't you buy the Standard version with the optic yourself through gunbroker.com or some other private transaction and then have it shipped to a FFL dealer in Hawaii who will do the transfer for a reasonable fee? I took a quick look at gunbroker and there are a few who seem to be reasonably priced. You can find a list of transfer dealers for your state under the "How do I buy" link.
I will probably end up doing just that, alot of the FFL dealers are gun shops and they have stopped doing transactions. I think its because they dont want it to affect there sales, because in Hawaii there is only six or seven gun shops that I know of so if they all stop doing transfers they know that you are forced to buy from them. But we live on an island what can we do thanks for every1s advice its greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
114 Posts
HawaiiFS2000 said:
I will probably end up doing just that, alot of the FFL dealers are gun shops and they have stopped doing transactions. I think its because they dont want it to affect there sales, because in Hawaii there is only six or seven gun shops that I know of so if they all stop doing transfers they know that you are forced to buy from them. But we live on an island what can we do thanks for every1s advice its greatly appreciated.
Next time you go to the mainland just pick one up yourself at a dealer and bring it back with you... That is, of course, if you leave the island anytime soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Next time you go to the mainland just pick one up yourself at a dealer and bring it back with you... That is, of course, if you leave the island anytime soon.
I always wondered about that. is my permit in Hawaii to buy rifles good in another state?

·
Banned
114 Posts
There is no federal law preventing you from purchasing a long gun out of state in a face to face acqusition. The only restrictions as per the ATF are that you are buying it in person and it is legal for you to own in your state of residence. Handguns, however, need to be transfered via FFL. I'm not too familiar with the system used in Hawaii so I would recommend inquiring at the local ATF office.
It would seem quite unfair if you could only get your guns from a few local suppliers that can set the prices at whatever they want because you can't go anywhere else but that's capitalism for ya.[/list]

·
Registered
34 Posts
ShipWreck said:

This is very true, I checked with FNH USA as well. In my area, they only sell the tactical version of the FS2000 and not the standard. Although, I love the way the standard version looks. Chances are, I will be disappointed with the 1.6x optic on the short run because you wont have the option to swap out the optics unless your plan on purchasing new rails and other necessary parts to complete conversion. :-?

It just sounds like a huge headache if you asked me. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts