FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The January 2009 Guns magazine has a brief review of the FS2000. They reported the following accuracy from the bench at 100 yards.

3 shot groups measuring 1/2" - 3/4" with Corbon 62 grain DPX at 2878fps and Hornady 55 grain VX at 3023fps

For ball ammo the gun prefered NATO 62 grain M855 over 55 grain M193 ball ammo. IMI M855 averaged 1 1/2" 3 shot groups at 3054fps

·
Registered
320 Posts
I get 1.5" 5 shot groups at 100yards with 55 grain remington umc out of the FS2000 Standard (1.6x optic). Not too shabby.

I honestly don't even think of the FS2000 as a "sub MOA" gun, but good for them if they found a good combination. I'll have to try it out, and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I never thought this rifle would be that accurate. 1/2 MOA-3/4 MOA ain't too shabby. I don't even think my buddies .308 bolt action does that.

Also, if they had a lighter trigger, do you think that would improve groups at all?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess the trigger is a pretty big piece of the accuracy with this weapon just like most other bp designs. Nature of the beast. Im hoping someone clever can find a way to improve it at somepoint.

·
Registered
150 Posts
djv38 said:
Also, if they had a lighter trigger, do you think that would improve groups at all?
after firing rifles like SKS, M16A2, FS2000 its more of the stance you use and how much you practice with your weapon , of course if you go prone with a bipod for example then you can use the ground for support , litghtness of the trigger helps in some situation when unsupported but it can also hurt, as in how fast you take the follow up shot after the first ,

my reasoning is that trigger weight can be adjusted for with practice but Time of follow up shots, proper breathing and a properly zeroed sights can vastly improve your grouping

·
Banned
18 Posts
well, it's a pretty rough gauge of accuracy, but I finally got my FS2000 out to the range, and was smacking the 3x9 metal plate "gong" out at 200 meters about every other shot, fired standing up, with the stock flip up iron sights...and I didn't have to adjust the zero at all.

highly impressed with the gun, and so were a couple of other guys who were watching the action.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I finally put a scope on my FS2000, but have not had time to shoot it since.

But, with the supplied iron sights, untouched, it was pretty dang accurate at up to 25 yards indoors.

With some crappy Wolf ammo, easy to keep 20 in a 5" group, and from a rest, all in the 3" ring.

The scope will help me out, as I have crappy eyes, and shoot much better with an optic as I can see the target better. :) (Scope is a 3x12x56 Trophy, and just about too big for this rifle actually..)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts