·
Registered
111 Posts
wow! :shock:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's an AAC 9/17LH fh that comes with the can so I did not have to have it rethreaded.

fatcat said:
Damn nice! Thats the supresser im going to order.

What did you change your flash hider to?
[/list]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. Do they cowitness w/EO and does the rear sight lock down? I have been looking for BUIS and heard several makes won't allow the rear to fold down on the FS.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mastiff said:
Thanks. Do they cowitness w/EO and does the rear sight lock down? I have been looking for BUIS and heard several makes won't allow the rear to fold down on the FS.
The only set that locks down on my FS is the set I have now which is the DPMS MANGONEL SIGHTS wich will lock down.

·
Registered
142 Posts
So the BUIS that you have on your FS2000 is a Midwest Industries front flip-up sight and a DPMS Mangonel flip-up rear sight as shown in the pics. Is that correct?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The_Real_McCoy said:
So the BUIS that you have on your FS2000 is a Midwest Industries front flip-up sight and a DPMS Mangonel flip-up rear sight as shown in the pics. Is that correct?
It the above pic they are both MI. In these pics are the DPMS sights which both sit perfectly flat. WHen they are down and one when they are up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It looks like the DPMS sights were meant to be used with the FS2000.

Thanks for the pics! I've been looking for a good set of BUIS for my FS2000.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sweet man. I didn't know that AAC make them in that thread. That makes me seriously consider putting a can on it. I am still deciding between the m4 2000 and the m4 spr. I am currently buying it for my m16 and SL8 but if I don;t need to re thread this gun then I'll definately do it for this one as well. I am definately going to use the blackout flash hider on it though.

So how difficult was it to remove the current FH and install the AAC one?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bonebreak2000 said:
Sweet man. I didn't know that AAC make them in that thread. That makes me seriously consider putting a can on it. I am still deciding between the m4 2000 and the m4 spr. I am currently buying it for my m16 and SL8 but if I don;t need to re thread this gun then I'll definately do it for this one as well. I am definately going to use the blackout flash hider on it though.

So how difficult was it to remove the current FH and install the AAC one?
I just drill out the little pin that holds the FH on. It's really easy. Just remember it's left hand thread!! THe AAC one it a snap. Put a little Rockset on and it's ready to go. I use this can on three 223 rifles right now. FS2000, AR with a 16 inch barrel and a LWRC gas piston AR upper with a 10.5 inch SBR setup. Just love the QD setup!!

CSF

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah definately getting one. I have been thinking of just going for the M4spr but that means it will never be used on a PS90.... Its a tough decission. How is the blow back on the FS2000?

Do you change the gas setting when you use it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bonebreak2000 said:
Yeah definately getting one. I have been thinking of just going for the M4spr but that means it will never be used on a PS90.... Its a tough decission. How is the blow back on the FS2000?

Do you change the gas setting when you use it?
No blowback that I could tell. Left the gas setting in the normal position. Did notice more carbon on the piston butthat's it. Never had a failure while shooting the can on it.

CSF

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got my FH on the way... Shot my FS without it and without hearing protection just to see. Did not ring like the 10inch ar does with hearing protection. Cant see how the FS would be louder.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts