FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd seen a post here about the FS2000 and Magpull Pmags and the fact that they don't work together.

If I remember correctly, someone posted that this could be solved with a little "dremmel" work. If anyone knows the fix for this I would appreciate it very much.

Basically what points of contact have been found to be the problem and how much needs to be trimmed of. I'd imagine that it has to due with the raised ridges on the mag.

Thanks in advance.

Zhur

·
Registered
41 Posts
I can't help you with the mod but I just don't understand why you would want to modify a $2000 gun to work with a $12 dollar mag.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
uhhhh... I would be modifying the mags not the gun.... sorry, thought that was implied when I said it was probably the raised ridges on the mag.

Zhur

·
Banned
114 Posts
LOL I couldn't tell if he was serious or not.

·
Registered
41 Posts
uhhhh... I would be modifying the mags not the gun.... sorry, thought that was implied when I said it was probably the raised ridges on the mag.

Zhur
Sorry, I have seen where people are modifying guns to try and make the mags work.

I'm sure someone will come along that can help.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got an email back from the folks at Magpul. Basically, we're screwed. There aren't currently any plans to make mags that fit the FS2000 nor did they offer any advice on how to 'fix' it. Mainly they said that removing material would compromise the strength of the magazine as the ridges were added for structural reasons.

I was glad they responded, but I really doubt I'll be driving over my magazines with a truck at any point in the near future. I may try some modifications on one mag to see if I can get them to work, but I think if I dremmel the mags, it may cause functionality issues, and that wouldn't do anyone a damn bit of good. Oh well, perhaps they'll address this issue later.

Either way, the P-mags are pretty darn good. I've got 5 now, and they all function flawlessly. I'd recommend them.

Zhur

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think it can be done without taking the stock apart. You could probably use the nose of a bullet to push the external "dots" inward to release the skirts, then remove them from the magwell.

·
Registered
350 Posts
keep in mind that removing the gasket could void your warranty

like cutting your barrel down, or looking at it the wrong way

·
Banned
114 Posts
I think it can be done without taking the stock apart. You could probably use the nose of a bullet to push the external "dots" inward to release the skirts, then remove them from the magwell.

I think I pressed mine out with needle nose pliers but can't really recall. That was the very first thing I did to my gun.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I might as well try it then, because I've already looked at it the wrong way a couple of times. So much for the warranty!

Zhur

1 - 12 of 12 Posts