FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am a new Fs2000 owner, living in Canada, where it is classed as a restricted firearm, because the barrel length is under 18.5" long. I would like to install a replacement barrel of 18.5" but I am having problems sourcing the correct part and a knowledgeable gunsmith.
HDD don't have stock of their barrel, and in any case I anticipate problems shipping it into the country.
Mystic Precision say they can recommend a blank from Krieger, McGowen or Shilen but they can't install it because they have no experience with the rifle.
The gunsmith at Ellwood Epps was helpful, saying they don't have tooling to manufacture a barrel but are prepared to try and install a blank, but again no guarantees, and no experience with the rifle.
I really want the new barrel as it makes reclassification possible and means I can use it to hunt and won't need authorization to transport paperwork.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Will a match blank barrel fit ?
Will an experienced gunsmith be able to work out the installation with no previous experience of the FS2000.
Are there any other options.

Thanks, fellow FS2k'ers, great forum and info.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Cetane, but in Canada it's not overall length that gives a restricted classification, but rather barrel length.
Muzzle breaks and flash bidder are not included in barrel length specifications, even if welded in place, so I don't have any option other than barrel replacement.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Send FNF member "canucklehead" a private message.

View Profile: canucklehead - FN Forums

He managed to get one somewhere so he could probably point you in the right direction. For a visual reference of his 2K, look here:
http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fs2000-photo-section/559-definitive-fs2000-photo-thread.html

-SS
Last time he logged in was a year ago.

Better link, to find his photo...

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fs2000-photo-section/559-definitive-fs2000-photo-thread-4.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, Canucklehead pointed me in the right direction.
But his help has led to a new quandary.
Barrel specifications ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts