FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy offered me a good price on his very lightly used FS2000 for a favor I did for him some months ago. The issue is I have one already and it’d be good for spare parts but would it be a good investment if I pulled the trigger on it or should I look for another firearm while I have the chance?

·
Premium Member
9,629 Posts
It's a good price for the FS2K. Is it the Tactical or Standard Model? Hell, I'd be kind of tempted, and I don't even like the FS all that much.
And yeah, as said above, you could probably turn around and sell it for a tidy gain and then put that money towards something else.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My buddy offered me a good price on his very lightly used FS2000 for a favor I did for him some months ago. The issue is I have one already and it’d be good for spare parts but would it be a good investment if I pulled the trigger on it or should I look for another firearm while I have the chance?
I'll make it easy for you. Buy it and I'll buy it off you for $1,600.00, boom you make a quick $100.00. Everyone's happy!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a good price for the FS2K. Is it the Tactical or Standard Model? Hell, I'd be kind of tempted, and I don't even like the FS all that much.
And yeah, as said above, you could probably turn around and sell it for a tidy gain and then put that money towards something else.
Sorry Akitainu I should have specified that. It’s a tactical with the tri-rail hand guard as well. He threw away the original box :( but it is essentially brand new!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I love the FS2000...should have bought one when they were in production still and load up on spare parts...now spare parts can be a pain to source...as a collector gun...it is a no brainer...even without the box...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd sprain my wrist getting the money out of the savings account!

Reactions: Ex-Racer / Ex-Pat

·
Registered
52 Posts
Man. Tough problem!! Lol

the fs2000 is a great gun and a really good fighting rifle actually. With mag and caliber interchangeability it makes it really employable even in units carrying other rifles.
Even when they were in production spare parts were almost impossible to source. Trust me I tried.
If you like this rifle and care to train with it then buying a second as spares is really a fantastic way to put a really great example of a truely modern firearm into your first line gear.
The fs2000 is actually really easy to train newbs on too. It’s super ambidextrous and had the added advantage of holding the first 3-4 casings in the gun if you are worried about leaving cases about the scene.
This is such a no brained for me even if you don’t need or want a front line rifle. If you even want to keep the one you have running for the foreseeable future you should jump on this ASAP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts