FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for an FS2000. I have found one, the problem is it appears that the original flash hider was removed and the owner installed an aftermarket version. Would this be legal?? I was under the impression that the flash hider on the original FS2000 was pinned so it met length restrictions...Does this appear to be long enough? Sorry for the crappy pic...

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
From FN's website: Barrel Length: 17.44″

Now, I'm not 100%, but that is including the FN brake...but there is a thread on here where the barrel was measured with the brake off and it came to just over 16".

EDIT: Here it is.

So unless the barrel was cut, or re-threaded (and losing length in the process) it should be fine.

Reactions: phansson

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought there was a "total" length the rifle had to be...if you remove the longer factory brake, wouldn't it be short?

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
I thought there was a "total" length the rifle had to be...if you remove the longer factory brake, wouldn't it be short?
Overall length on a stock FS is 29.29″. It still depends on if the barrel was cut shorter and rethreaded. Get out your measuring tape. :?

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Overall length needs to be 26" or more. That is Federal, state laws may demand more. The overall length of the FS2K is 29.29" (w/factory brake).

Reactions: phansson

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
And JHS beat me to it. I really should take a typing class.

Reactions: tqtran and jhs27275

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much, I wish I could find an OD green in original configuration but it is close to impossible at the moment unless you want to sell your first child...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.