FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the stickies, lots of pics are now missing etc.

I believe I heard here about some "cheaper" FS2000s a while back. OD green, or introductory model or something for a lot less than the usual price? What do I look for? Anyone still selling these? IIRC they were about $1100-$1200 or something.

Do lefties generally do the AK roll to charge the weapon or swap hands and use the left hand to charge?

Clearing malfunctions an issue?

Are there any "bad" models I should avoid looking at?

· Premium Member
21,724 Posts

· Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Were people just concerned because they were "parts bin" rifles? Was there ever a recall (I thought I remembered reading about it but may be mistaken)?

· Premium Member
21,724 Posts
Thanks. Were people just concerned because they were "parts bin" rifles? Was there ever a recall (I thought I remembered reading about it but may be mistaken)?
No recall on the rifles.

I own one of the 9000's too, never had any problems with it.

Reactions: 1KPerDay

· Registered
508 Posts
My FS2000 is one of my favorite rifles and I have had no malfunctions with it. If I had one complaint it would be the 50 lbs. trigger pull. The 9000 series do not have hard chromed bolts and have one less "ear" on the extractor (probably not the correct term but a little research will clarify what I'm referring to). The rifle should function fine without these features, but it certainly doesn't hurt having them.

· Administrator
12,336 Posts
My FS2000 is one of my favorite rifles and I have had no malfunctions with it. If I had one complaint it would be the 50 lbs. trigger pull. The 9000 series do not have hard chromed bolts and have one less "ear" on the extractor (probably not the correct term but a little research will clarify what I'm referring to). The rifle should function fine without these features, but it certainly doesn't hurt having them.
And if you want a chrome bolt and the other extractor, they are available purchase through a couple of our vendors. Personally, I do not think that they are needed.

· Registered
401 Posts
You asked about charging from the left side...
I bring the rifle to shoulder, pointed downrange, and simply reach up with the left hand and pull back, then release the charging handle. The right hand stays where it is; on the foregrip if I am shooting from left shoulder, on the thumbhole grip if I am shooting from the right. But that is just my particular way of doing things; I never charge a rifle until ready to shoot and I never carry a rifle around with a live round in the chamber. The design of this rifle makes it very easy to operate this way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.