FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Those photo's are not of a Gen 1 hammer group. It is missing the auto sear.

It is a Gen 2 hammer group.

Seller not well educated about gen's??? Typo???

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Most people don't know the difference, and aren't going to care.

It's those who heard something about the difference, but don't know what they are looking at, are the one's that might have issue later on.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Anyone who buys it then finds out it is not as advertised is going to be upset, but then you should know what you are looking at before you bid.

Sadly, most don't.

Reactions: Averywhite

·
Administrator
12,218 Posts
Here is their reply. From 2 different people. Same lie. Oops, forgot the n.

After speaking with our contacts at FN, we have determined that this is a Gen 1 trigger pack without an auto sear installed. *When ATF notified FN that the Gen 1 trigger pack needed to be modified, FN only removed the auto sears from the existing Gen 1 packs.* FN later redesigned the trigger pack into the current Gen 2 configuration.*

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,
Kyle

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Here is their reply. From 2 different people. Same lie. Oops, forgot the n.

After speaking with our contacts at FN, we have determined that this is a Gen 1 trigger pack without an auto sear installed. *When ATF notified FN that the Gen 1 trigger pack needed to be modified, FN only removed the auto sears from the existing Gen 1 packs.* FN later redesigned the trigger pack into the current Gen 2 configuration.*

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,
Kyle
Wow...

What BS, about later redesigning the pack into the current configuration.

He didn't add that "info" to the listing either.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well, hopefully the buyer of that auction you listed knew that and didn't care. Maybe the seller is lying about it being a Gen One pack. Or maybe he just doesn't know exactly what he's talking about and assumes it's a Gen One because of the age of the carbine.

Honestly, in the FS2000 market you have to pay to play. Sometimes great deals seem to come along though. But if you want an FS2000, especially a standard model which seem to really be few and far between since that model was discontinued 4 or so years ago. Be prepared to pay. And since the importation and continued selling of new FS2000's by FN seem to be up in the air/unlikely. Or may only come in small models. You find one you like. And pay what you're comfortable with.

For me. Having a Gen One trigger pack would be cool I guess..............and I wouldn't turn one down considering things. But it's really not important to me at all as well as others.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Reactions: kanewtervalve

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
No need. There are only two kinds, one with the auto sear and one without. It's not that complicated.
Agreed, but the question comes up all the time.

Most folks don't know what they look like, or what they are looking for.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
I know you guys figure this is simple and it probably is but a post with pictures of the two and making it a sticky wouldn't be a bad idea.
And there is a sticky for the FN-15, just a black rifle made by FNH-USA.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts