FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have my FS2000 next week and need to decide on an optic. After the process of elimination I have it narrowed down to the following two:

-Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T

or

-Trijicon 4x Acog

I ruled out an Eotech b/c I already have one and don't care for Aimpoints. I am open to other suggestions as well

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am LOVING this set up

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here is the other scope you are considering. This is a fun scope but it does add some heft to an already hefty gun.

If price isnt a factor I would go with an acog.

·
Registered
69 Posts
bonebreak2000 said:
Here is the other scope you are considering. This is a fun scope but it does add some heft to an already hefty gun.
Did you mount that scope high on purpose or is that the factory mount height?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thats all factory.

In fact its the reason that it hasnt come off my FS200. The eye line is perfect. So using it as a red dot at 1x or target shooting at 3x it feels perfect. I really want to get a front forgrip of some kind though as the rifle does feel heavy at the range. It seems like I would have much more control with a front verticle grip. I heard they FN wasnt releasing anything for it for a while though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ok cool thanks for the info, btw how is the zoom feature on that scope. Do you just turn the know and zoom in/out? The variable zoom is what I like about that unit. I plan to get one but don't know if it will end up on a FS2000 or Storm CX4. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes the entire rear cap (probably about 2-2.5 inches) turns clockwise to zoom between 1-3x. The inspection cover on the FS2000 gives the rear dust cover about 1/8 inch clearance when rotated where I have it mounted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There's a QR accessory mount for the Leupold CQ/T which makes it look less goofy. It also raises it just a tad more without it being noticeable because the mount is wider.

I can't recall who made it, but I added it to my CQ/T on my AR to clear the rear flip sights. I really disliked the factory clamp mount- it's so cheap compared to the rest of the scope. I really like the optical quality of the CQ/T.

-Dave

·
Banned
3 Posts
saki302 said:
There's a QR accessory mount for the Leupold CQ/T which makes it look less goofy. It also raises it just a tad more without it being noticeable because the mount is wider.

I can't recall who made it, but I added it to my CQ/T on my AR to clear the rear flip sights. I really disliked the factory clamp mount- it's so cheap compared to the rest of the scope. I really like the optical quality of the CQ/T.

-Dave
Is it the LaRue LT106?

·
Banned
83 Posts
I don't have a pic to post yet, But I;ve got an ELCAN M145 government model on mine and like it....reflection screen, IR filter, ranging stadia, illuminated reticle and quick, tool less on and off with no zero loss.

·
Registered
23 Posts

I have one, as well, and really like it on this rifle. I tried a few other optics before settling on the M145 ELCAN. Several of my customers have since purchased the ELCAN for their FS2000 rifles, as well. They all seem to love them too. The ELCAN optics are the clearest I have ever seen, even when compared to S&B, Nightforce and Swarovski scopes costing twice as much.

·
Registered
34 Posts
UziDuzit said:

I have one, as well, and really like it on this rifle. I tried a few other optics before settling on the M145 ELCAN. Several of my customers have since purchased the ELCAN for their FS2000 rifles, as well. They all seem to love them too. The ELCAN optics are the clearest I have ever seen, even when compared to S&B, Nightforce and Swarovski scopes costing twice as much.

In my opinion, Elcan make the best scope hands down. They're extremely reputable. I really wanted to their Thermal optics (Specter CT) really badly. The damn thing cost a fortune ($17,000)! :cry:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Elcan Specter DR, dual role

I agree with you on the Elcan scopes. Great glass and well thought out designs. The clarity and brightness are rightup there with the best European scopes. I just picked up a Specter DR after checking one out at the gunshow. My friend who used one over in Iraq gave it a huge thumbs up and when one became available for a good price I sprung for it. Decent scopes just cost money, there is no way around it. The DR has both 1X & 4X with a red dot. There is a lever to switch between the 2 powers. The dot automatically adjusts between 1.5 moa @ 4x & 6moa @ 1X so the scope can function as both a close combat sight and long range. NV compatible adjustable control on the dot. I will post a review with pics after I take it out to the range.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yep, that's an ACOG. Looks to be a 4x with BAC.

They're damn near bombproof optics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts