FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a dumb question, but I am thinking of buying a FS2000 or a SCAR-L as my only .223 rifle.

I am having difficulty deciding which rifle to get. Let's assume that money is not the deciding factor between these two rifles....can someone give me the scoop on the pros and cons of each as far as comparing them to each other?

Or maybe there is a thread about this already that you could provide the link to???

Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
The FS2000 is a compact, reliable, clean running, accurate gun with amazing balance and great ergonomics.

The SCAR is a clean running, more "options" with the quad rail, ergonomic, and more accurate gun.

Right now, I can compare my Robinson Armament XCR (very similar to the capabilities of the SCAR) to my FS2000, and at this point, I can't give a straight answer as to which I like more. When my SCAR comes in, it will be the same thing. However, between the FS2000 and the SCAR, as an ONLY 5.56/.223 rifle, I would probably pick the SCAR do to the modularity of it (from attachments to mag use).

You either like bullpups, or you don't. I happen to like them, but I also like a "normal" style combat rifle. This is a tough question.

To be honest, as an ONLY 5.56/.223 rifle, I would probably pick up a plane jane AR15 or two and accessories, or three AR15's.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love bullpups. I have two PS90s. I was going to order an AXR but thought the ejection might be a problem with me shooting left handed. So then I purchased a SIG 556 Commando. Haven't shot it and was thinking of selling it to go towards the FS2000 and then I thought maybe the SCAR-L. I don't like the "looks" of the SCAR folding stock but I somehow keep going back to the SCAR. Maybe because I can't get one and can't find out who to preorder one from.

I could eventually buy both a FS2000 and a SCAR-L but just not sure when I could get a SCAR-L so I thought maybe a FS2000 first? I happen to like the ODG ones.

I just didn't know if the SCAR was that much superior to the FS2000 or not or if the reason so many people wanted the SCAR was because it was more traditional than the FS2000. I normally don't shoot a .223 (I've had some Colts and sold them) but did want one or two "just in case" I can't get any later.

Since I love bullpups maybe the FS2000 or the AXR is still my best bet?

·
Registered
857 Posts
I would go with a plain AR if you have nothing now.
Years after the next ban passes - it will still be easy to get AR parts.
Don't know if you can say the same about the others.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE: I'm going to get a Colt 6920 and tuck it away and a FS2000. Now I'm still trying to figure out if I want a SCAR-L.

Thanks for all the comments & suggestions.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I was probably bidding against YOU!!! I went ahead and purchased an ODG and a Black from Reds Trading Post just now on GunBroker. Should have them prior to Thanksgiving (I hope). I called them and they have them in stock even though the ad says they are on order (they haven't had time to change their ad).

I like the ODG the best but thought I'd put a black one away in my safe, unfired.

Now I have to go buy mags........had purchased PMAGS but just put them on auction.

Any suggestions as to the BEST 30 round mags for the FS2000? I know not to get the polymer (PMAGS, etc) but would like to get the BEST brand alum/metal ones.

Congratulations on YOUR purchase.

·
Registered
320 Posts
QB said:
Well I was probably bidding against YOU!!! I went ahead and purchased an ODG and a Black from Reds Trading Post just now on GunBroker. Should have them prior to Thanksgiving (I hope). I called them and they have them in stock even though the ad says they are on order (they haven't had time to change their ad).

I like the ODG the best but thought I'd put a black one away in my safe, unfired.

Now I have to go buy mags........had purchased PMAGS but just put them on auction.

Any suggestions as to the BEST 30 round mags for the FS2000? I know not to get the polymer (PMAGS, etc) but would like to get the BEST brand alum/metal ones.

Congratulations on YOUR purchase.
Congrats on the FS2000! (fs2000's)

WHat pmags and how much?

As to the fS2000, I use all HK mags.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately I'm in Texas and sales tax is approximately 8.25% so any large purchase from CDNN is normally not cost effective ($1975 * 1.0825 = $2137 for me). CDNN has great prices and I sure wish they weren't a Texas company.

I had 8 new PMAGS (ODG no window) and put them up for opening bid of $120 for all 8 mags plus $12 shipping/insurance. There's one bid on them and auction closes on 11/26.

Does anyone use C Product 30 round mags??? I was going to buy a bunch of those but will see what the HK mags run (probably too much for me). About C Product mags.....what's the different in the orange anti-tilt and grey anti-tilt followers. I also suppose most people buy the aluminum and not the steel????

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey everybody, don't forget.

FN has a $125 rebate on PS90 and FS2000 purchases going on right now.

That can cover the cost of mags, ammo or tax even!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts