FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen numerous posts regarding this topic. Some claim parts are available through FN and others claim that they are not for sale or excessively priced. I would like to resolve this issue and determine what the cost would be to purchase the parts most likely to break, assuming they are for sale. However I do not have the knowledge to know what to ask for. Could someone please provide me with a list? I would be happy to post my result. Thank you.

·
Administrator
12,119 Posts
There is no parts list available to the general public. Much like FNH armorers manual, it is a closely guarded secret for some reason.

Some (a limited number of) parts for the FS2000 are available from Browning in Arnold MO. More parts are becomming available as time passes as with the PS90.

Excessively priced? Well, when you need a part and they are the only source in town, guess what? Yes some are excessively priced. Some are reasonable, and some are downright inexpensive. However, the fun and games with Browning for parts is a riot. They don;t have much of a clue to the parts.

Example: I wanted the ejection port dust cover for my PS90. Took them 20 minutes to find the right part number because it is listed as a 'obturator' not 'dust cover'. Wanted the rubber block on the back end of the bolt group. They did not have a clue as to what I wanted and were willing to sell me the entire bolt group - for $500.00.

It's hit or miss.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts