FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the "Forum" scene, but figured what the hell.... I was wondering if anyone has had the issue of a FNS2000 miss feeding / short feeding after the first round is fired. I've attached some pics hoping that I'm missing something that could be seen by someone else. Basically, after the first round is fired, the spent casing doesn't make it to the extract tube above the bolt. (I've even tried using just a spent shell and it does the same thing when manually trying to eject it...) This all started after a thorough cleaning...
20150323_165753.jpg 20150323_172959.jpg 20150323_174237.jpg 20150323_174253.jpg 20150323_174345.jpg

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I'm new to the "Forum" scene, but figured what the hell.... I was wondering if anyone has had the issue of a FNS2000 miss feeding / short feeding after the first round is fired. I've attached some pics hoping that I'm missing something that could be seen by someone else. Basically, after the first round is fired, the spent casing doesn't make it to the extract tube above the bolt. (I've even tried using just a spent shell and it does the same thing when manually trying to eject it...) This all started after a thorough cleaning...
View attachment 36461 View attachment 36462 View attachment 36463 View attachment 36464 View attachment 36465
So what ammo? Did you try both gas settings? Different style mags?

Reactions: ZIBBO and SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
391 Posts
Was this an issue before the thorough cleaning? I would tend to suspect improper reassembly. A couple parts of the bolt assembly are easy to misalign or mount improperly and still get the gun back together and looking like it should but not functioning properly. Hard to tell from looking at pictures; I would need to be able to hold it in my hand, look it over from different angles, etc. to know for sure.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Clean the weapon.

Make sure you work the ejector and extractor on the bolt, so they move without binding.

Reactions: ZIBBO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry it took so long to respond. I can't believe all the feed back. You guys are awesome, and I can see how this FORUM is very useful. Thank You All!!!

I have tried different mags. & factory ammo. (I usually use 62gr ammo but tried 55gr as well) I also tried both gas settings.
I did not have issue prior to cleaning. I've checked alignment and movement of all parts, and can't see anything wrong.
Extractor and ejector seem to move ok and are not binding.
And i have only used mags with ten rounds for testing...

Its one of those cases where its something so simple I cant see it. I HOPE anyways...

I dropped it off at a gun smith late yesterday an he should be getting back to me by Monday. I'll let you all know how it went...

Once again, thanks for your help!

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
In your photo's the switch, looks good, not broken. But need to check to see that it is still good. The switch is the white plastic piece.

It is in the wrong position.

I'll get some photo's up in a few.

Reactions: ZIBBO

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Bolt closed.

Bolt open.

Switch.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
You need to watch how you put the bolt carrier group with the switch into the stock. It has to be in the correct position on the rails it rides on.

Reactions: ZIBBO and vz58kid
1 - 10 of 10 Posts