FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've never shot with magnification so I can't speak to that. I use the Aimpoint H-1 (idenfical to the T-1 but with no NV capability) on all my rifles including the FS2000.

·
Registered
265 Posts
What are your intended uses?

A quality red dot (Aimpoint, and I know that Eotech has a following) are about maxed out at 200 meters, if not really 150.

A low power maginified optic, like a 1.5X up to a 4x, will allow you to make better shots at distance, but can hinder you in fast shooting inside 25 meters.

I have a 1.1-4x Kahles with a 24mm objective lens, illuminated reticule, which is pretty much the best of both worlds, but they aren't cheap.

I have a 1.5x Compact ACOG (TA-44R) with BAC that is very good for up close stuff but also allows me to make accurate hits out to 200 meters.

I have an Aimpoint T-1 on another rifle and while I can make the hits at 200 meters, it really shines inside 100m.

Don't skimp on optics. Buy it right the first time, spend the money so you don't have to spend it again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Templar said:
What are your intended uses?

A quality red dot (Aimpoint, and I know that Eotech has a following) are about maxed out at 200 meters, if not really 150.

A low power maginified optic, like a 1.5X up to a 4x, will allow you to make better shots at distance, but can hinder you in fast shooting inside 25 meters.

I have a 1.1-4x Kahles with a 24mm objective lens, illuminated reticule, which is pretty much the best of both worlds, but they aren't cheap.

I have a 1.5x Compact ACOG (TA-44R) with BAC that is very good for up close stuff but also allows me to make accurate hits out to 200 meters.

I have an Aimpoint T-1 on another rifle and while I can make the hits at 200 meters, it really shines inside 100m.

Don't skimp on optics. Buy it right the first time, spend the money so you don't have to spend it again.

Very useful information there! :?

·
Registered
265 Posts
wlcohen said:
In all honesty I am just going to use it at the range and have it for a SHTF situation
Then "just" shouldn't enter into it...... :cool:

You bought an expensive, high quality carbine....don't skimp on optics.

I think you'd be well served with an Aimpoint M-3, M-4, or T-1 for a non magnified optic, or a high quality low powered variable with an illuminated reticle.

The Trijicon ACOG's and Compact ACOG's are damn near bomb proof and extremely high quality optics as well.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Or the Aimpoint H-1 if you don't want NV (a little less expensive than the T-1 but the same except for the NV capability). I use the H-1 and it is great.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually may go to a gun show and find a "cheap" knock off scope.

I have been using a $30 BSA red dot on my Cx4 for years now and it's been flawless. :oops:

·
Registered
265 Posts
wlcohen said:

I have been using a $30 BSA red dot on my Cx4 for years now and it's been flawless. :oops:
My big ass is worth more than $30.00 for a self defense tool.

If it's just playing around, anything will do.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Templar said:
wlcohen said:

My big ass is worth more than $30.00 for a self defense tool.

If it's just playing around, anything will do.
Like I said, basically just a range toy
& for basic self defense I would trust my $30 BSA - now if I was crawling though the sand in the mid-east - that would be a different story

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Thats how I view my FS2000 as well. Its the last weapon I would grab in my collection. My 870,Fal and 1911 are my welcome wagons.

Im going to try an optical scope with magnification just to see what the accuracy is from the bench. Im hoping Santa brings me something to mount on my FS2000

1 - 12 of 12 Posts