FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase the FS2000. Debating between the tactical and tri-rail versions. Any input on the pro's and con's of each would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,495 Posts
I have standard. They were first to be dc. They are hard to find if you can and more expensive. I love it. Best thing bout standard is you can remove the hood and you have a rail under. You can modify the grip to take a light or replace for tri rail. The tri rail is metal. The rail up top is poly, how ever it is solid and has been tested by people on this forum.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you put the handguard on a tri-rail if you want to after removing the side rails? That is a $10 part.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Looking to purchase the FS2000. Debating between the tactical and tri-rail versions. Any input on the pro's and con's of each would be appreciated.
Go for the tac/cqb! The standard has a much to be desired optic mounted on a plastic rail vs the tac has your standard aluminum rail like a scar. If you were ever to put your own optic on it, the plastic rail *could* be a less than desirable mounting option. You might have to do some material removal as well come to think of it. There is a conversion thread around here that should detail out what needs to be removed. No front sight and a plastic sling attachment on the standard while the tac has BUIS and 2 metal sling attachments. The standard will run you more because it's "rare" but it's certainly not "better".

Reactions: xslice

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't really want a standard. Looking for comments/opinions of the tactical vs cqb models. Any advantages/disadvantages of the models, etc.

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
The CQB model is the same as the Tactical, it just comes with the tri-rail already installed. If you buy it aftermarket , installation takes a couple minutes. The tri-rail adds slightly more weight, and some people say it throws off the balance. I have one on mine (Standard) and like the added rail space. To me it still handles nicely.

Reactions: xslice
1 - 8 of 8 Posts