FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my FS2000 to a 5 day combined rifle pistol class and thought you all would like to know how it worked. The rifle was equiped with an Eotech 552, Urban ERT single point sling and a Surefire G6 with the click on tail cap mounted to the top rail with a Viking tactics horizontal mount. Ammo used was the 50grn US surplus frangible.
This setup worked flawlessly the whole week. I had no malfuntions and accuracy with the ammo was very good. The rifle handled good and even though the stock handguard is wide, I never really noticed it while shooting and it was quite comfortable. The trigger was a little heavy but that was expected. It didnt cause me to much trouble. I just needed to be a little more aware on my trigger squeeze on the inital takeup. It has a nice reset and following shots were smoother.
I put about a 1000 rounds through it for the week. Shooting from various positons and left handed. I broke it down on the 3rd day for an inspection. Fouling was minimal so I didn't bother cleaning it while I was there.
The Eotech worked good with it. It has about a 4 1/2" offset from the barrel. I didnt get a chance to try it in the class but I think an Acog would work well on it too. The ERT sling was very handy, worked well during transitions to the pistol and was quick to adjust for left handed use. I didnt get to use the light during the class but it was so small and lite I left it attached. It was mounted to the left and was concerned that it may interfer with the charging handle but it never got in the way.
Most all of the other students shot AR-15's and I got some gentle ribbing at the beginning of the class for having such an unique rifle but at the end of the week they were all impressed with it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Awesome! :?

Thanks for posting. As with any new platform, we all like to hear how they run in a demanding environment. I bet you really put it through its paces.

I think with the FS2K, while many are naturally attracted to them due to their ergos, compact size and handling characteristics, the unusual manual of arms and method of operation gives one pause. It's reports like these that help us to appreciate how functional and capable it really is.

Yeah, it launches the empties through a tube, has a LOT of polymer components and exposed springs, levers and do-dads inside. BUT, they seem to run pretty darn well. In your case, 1000 rounds without a problem.

Just for the record, what magazines were you running and what lube do you prefer?

Where are my manners?

Welcome to the forum!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Thanks for the report and continue to enjoy your fs2000! :?

·
Registered
475 Posts
thanks for the post, i've been wanting a fs2000 for a while now and this post helps when comparing it to an ar 15 in terms of reliability. Did any of the guys shooting ar15's have any malfunctions during the week? if so what kind?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One guy's rifle didnt like the frangible ammo and they had to switch. It was a early dissapator style AR. The rest ran pretty good. There were a few typical issues but nothing major.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts