FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Ed-Ohio said:
1.) I find and purchase an early version with the secondary sear. I am happy, but somewhere down the line, it is declared an illegal set up and at best I will be required to remove it, send in my trigger pack for modification, or worst case, recieve a demand to surrender it or even a "visit" to pick it up.
Let's be clear, the problem is not the initial design. The problem is the modification to make it full auto. You should keep in mind many semi-auto long guns can be switched to a full auto configuration with some tinkering and additional parts. If it came to a point that the BATF was looking for the early trigger packs, they would probably be collecting other things as well.

Ed-Ohio said:
2.) I purchase a later rifle with said sear removed, and being the somewhat paranoid person, locate said sear, or find another less paranoid owner with a rifle that has the sear and swap trigger packs with him, thus restoring the rifle to its original design. Also possibly opening myself up to legal issues.
It is possible you might find someone who would swap. However, as long as you are not trying to obtain or install a prohibited part, I do not see where you will create a legal problem for yourself. The part FN removed is not the part that makes it go full auto, but it is one that you would want for the shooter's safety if he /she was firing on full auto.

Ed-Ohio said:
3.) I purchase a new rifle without said sear, ignore my previous experience with all things mechanical ( my own Murphys law, if it can happen, it will happen and it will happen to ME ) fire the rifle and have it fire out of battery, destroying my $2000 investment, even if not injuring me. What are the odds FN will cover this.
There are additional safety devices built into the gun to prevent an out of battery firing, but let's assume they all fail for the purpose of your question. FN like other top firearm companies normally would stand behind their product if their product self-destructs due to a construction defect. Think of it this way, as a business decision, it is cheaper for them to give you a new rifle than it is for them to respond to a lawsuit that has some merit and could be a source of bad PR for them.

Ed-Ohio said:
4.) I just save myself the stress, take my money and buy yet another high end AR-15.
That's just crazy talk.... :lol:

· Registered
156 Posts
Adosh said:
old news the whole recall was a cover up of FN selling fs2000s with full auto triggerpacks

" OH NO!!!, BLASPHEMY"

we compared a real f2000, with one of the original fs2000s same trigger pack

theres no safety issues with either the old or new trigger packs, the only difference was one was legitimate full auto and could land you in jail if you didnt get it replaced, and one is semi
Is it Chicken Little's day off?

This is total nonsense. The recall was for the heavier firing pin and spring setup that when used could cause two or three rounds to fire. It was not predictable as to when you would get a burst. -I have a friend whose rifle was covered by that recall. It came back with a new, lighter firing pin and its original hammer group assembly.

If you compared the hammer group assemblies and came to the conclusion that the original FS2000 had a full auto hammer group assembly, you missed the differences in the parts. I am not going to explain it to you. Like the other individual, I will not discuss what it takes to turn it into a select fire rifle. The last thing we need is some idiots converting them and getting in trouble. That is what started this problem...

There are plenty of people who have the original hammer group assembly. The people who have them are not going to land in prison. Stop promoting internet rumors that are equivalent to "The sky is falling!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.