FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Vendor
6,036 Posts
I just posted this question on the FNH section. They will answer it after Nov 30.

5. The PS90 Owners Manual states that the PS90 has an internal safety sear to prevent accidental firing if the gun is dropped. Since the this forward safety sear has been removed from the hammer group, has FNH done extensive tests to ensure there is no chance of an out of battery detonation?

· Registered
94 Posts
I'll reiterate my statement from above:

The extractor has to jump over the rim of the shell casing. It would seem that this isn't likely to happen until the round is seated into the chamber. If the bolt doesn't close completely, the extractor shouldn't jump over the case rim and would therefore create a gap in excess of the firing pin protrusion length. It seems technically unlikely, even without the safety sear that either a PS90 or FS2K would fire out of battery.

Further from what I recall (haven't field stripped my FS2Ks in a while) there is a rear protrusion on the bottom of the bolt carrier that would prevent the hammer from contacting the firing pin unless it was in battery.

I remain highly doubtful that the FS2K is likely to fire out of battery, even without the forward safety sear.

· Administrator
12,336 Posts
If anyone wants to trade the old pack for a new unfired pack (as of now), even trade, I'll pay for shipping, PM me.

That way you can have the new pack without having to wait weeks for FN to return it to you.

In Tampa, Florida for F2F otherwise PM me if interested

· Registered
347 Posts
old news the whole recall was a cover up of FN selling fs2000s with full auto triggerpacks

" OH NO!!!, BLASPHEMY"

we compared a real f2000, with one of the original fs2000s same trigger pack

theres no safety issues with either the old or new trigger packs, the only difference was one was legitimate full auto and could land you in jail if you didnt get it replaced, and one is semi

· Registered
940 Posts
Germanic has a good point about the extractor and an even better point about the bolt carrier.
I hadn't thought of that neat feature of the bolt and carrier.
But and out-of-battery drop of the hammer is a problem whether it causes a detention or not.
I guess it becomes a small factor of increased reliability, rather than one of safety.
Of course the real issue with this whole thing is the legal one, where a forward sear makes it easier to convert the FS2K to full auto.

But it's not true- the above statement-that any FS2K has a full auto trigger pack.
The old FS2K packs are missing a full auto part that I'm not going to describe, and there is another modification, that I also won't describe, that would be necessary to give the FS2K the functionality of an F2K.

· Registered
156 Posts
Adosh said:
old news the whole recall was a cover up of FN selling fs2000s with full auto triggerpacks

" OH NO!!!, BLASPHEMY"

we compared a real f2000, with one of the original fs2000s same trigger pack

theres no safety issues with either the old or new trigger packs, the only difference was one was legitimate full auto and could land you in jail if you didnt get it replaced, and one is semi
Is it Chicken Little's day off?

This is total nonsense. The recall was for the heavier firing pin and spring setup that when used could cause two or three rounds to fire. It was not predictable as to when you would get a burst. -I have a friend whose rifle was covered by that recall. It came back with a new, lighter firing pin and its original hammer group assembly.

If you compared the hammer group assemblies and came to the conclusion that the original FS2000 had a full auto hammer group assembly, you missed the differences in the parts. I am not going to explain it to you. Like the other individual, I will not discuss what it takes to turn it into a select fire rifle. The last thing we need is some idiots converting them and getting in trouble. That is what started this problem...

There are plenty of people who have the original hammer group assembly. The people who have them are not going to land in prison. Stop promoting internet rumors that are equivalent to "The sky is falling!"

· Registered
347 Posts
Too bad we had an SOT "do what needed to be done" and it worked

im not saying anything about wanting to be full auto, full auto is useless anyways, and can land someone in jail
and youre an idiot if you try and convert stuff over

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.