FN Herstal Firearms banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
I did not, although that was one option I explored. If you drill out the blind pin with a super hardened bit (Carbide, cobalt, diamond), a miniature set screw would need to be put in.
Thanks but how did you get the front sear out? Not the auto sear but the one with the two hooks.Mine has a pin in the bottom of it. You showed a completely disassembled trigger pack on one of your posts.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Thanks but how did you get the front sear out? Not the auto sear but the one with the two hooks.Mine has a pin in the bottom of it
Don't mess with it. See my post just before yours.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I personally think the neu trigger is crap. I threw mine in the garbage after it came off and jammed up the trigger group while dry firing. I saw a significant improvement from polishing the trigger rods and lubricating the contact surfaces. Not all that glitters is gold.
Sorry you had a bad experience with yours. I have put them on all my hammer packs and have had great success with them. They make a noticeable, completely reversible improvement in trigger feel and pull weight, or at least they have for me.

I've put hundreds of rounds through my FS2000 with them installed with no problems.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Don't mess with it. See my post just before yours.
Thanks Sony, don't quite understand the NFA reference. Just want to shorten the springs to make the trigger lighter.
Not an NFA reference. That pin is there so no one could easily do things with the hammer group, same with the PS90. And if someone did, it would be easy to tell. Signs of tampering is not well received by the ATF.

I suggest finding another way to shorten the springs. TO stay out of trouble.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Thanks but how did you get the front sear out? Not the auto sear but the one with the two hooks.Mine has a pin in the bottom of it. You showed a completely disassembled trigger pack on one of your posts.
If you look at the pictures, you will see that the sear carriage is removed (and remains) as a whole. I did NOT mess with the disconnector. I am not trying to be a jerk about this but if what you have to do to remove the carriage as a whole is not apparent, then you probably don't have the engineering background to be pursuing that route.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
If you look, you will notice the pin that the sear pivot's on is still there. It's black. I would guess that he removed that assembly, by spreading the sides of the hammer group housing, to allow it to come out.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
You are correct. I didn't look that closely. Would like to know how you got that out but if it such an engineering secret I understand. I will figure it out eventually. Thought this was a forum for the sharing of info.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
You are correct. I didn't look that closely. Would like to know how you got that out but if it such an engineering secret I understand. I will figure it out eventually. Thought this was a forum for the sharing of info.
The clues are in the pictures. I was taught that the best help is to give someone just enough information so they can figure it out for themselves, then they understand far more and far better. You know it can be done, and with the tools any gunsmith possesses.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Thank you for your help! Played Clue with my kids years ago. Ms.Peacock with the pipe wrench in the Conservatory.

And for all of the non-engineers on the Forum we would appreciate your help.

·
Registered
509 Posts
It can removed by spreading the sides of the pack like SONYtec suggested. Just push the pin far to one side and on the opposite side wedge a flat edge screwdriver and turn to spread the white housing out allowing the pin to slip up, then do the same to other side and pull the center piece out. But be careful not to force it too hard and break the housing. Read this full thread before cutting any springs as Gungineer made great points in compromising the safety of the pack from drops by cutting too short or having too light of springs. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
FNH FS2000 Hammer Group Assembly, Fs2000 I bought an extra trigger pack from MGW, so as not to permanently alter the Gen 1 pack it came with. Today I received my modified trigger pack back from K&M Aerospace. Using a Timney trigger pull gauge I measured the before and after trigger pull weights:
Factory Trigger Pack 9.5#
Modified Trigger Pack 5#
Factory 1st Gen Trigger Pack w/ Nue-Trigger 7.5#
BE WARNED that the modified trigger pack releases the hammer every time, upon a 12 inch buttstock drop onto carpeted concrete!
The 1st Gen w/ Nue-Trigger pack passes a 36 inch buttstock drop onto carpeted concrete every time. I do not have the heart to drop my FS2000 any higher then 3ft.
Until someone devises a drop safety feature, I would not recommend using a modified trigger pack unless you use your FS2000 as a dedicated bench rest rifle, defeating the intended design function of this weapon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
It appears that they only changed out springs to me; no other signs of change from a visual prospective. They returned the OEM springs with the pack upon my request.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts