FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know for sure if FNH USA plans to distribute a FS2000 with the FN optical sight (possibly sans the grenade launcher targeting electronics)?

I got a chance to play with a black FS2000 at the range and while I wasn't totally impressed with its reliability, it wasn't too bad to play with. However, it looks naked without the factory optical sight or at least a shroud that looks like the factory optical sight.

·
Registered
27 Posts
metroplex said:
...and while I wasn't totally impressed with its reliability...
So what was the problem? How was it unreliable? And if it was unreliable, why are you even considering buying one?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think we all spent more time trying to remove the stuck cases than actually firing it. The owner of the FS2000 was using brass cased ammo (commercial loads) but I'm not sure of the exact brand/load.

I'd consider a FS2000 w/ the optical sight because it'd be a neat/fun weapon to play with at the range, like the PS90.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I took my FS to the range a few days ago, fired about 250 rds thru it, not a problem. I was shooting brass case ammo on the normal gas setting. It was all S&B ammo.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not get the full history of his FS2000 so I cannot be sure it was cleaned/maintained properly. I also didn't get to check on the gas setting. Like I said before, I feel it is a neat toy to play with at the range like the PS90, so I'd consider one if they sold them with the integrated optical sight or at least the shroud to mount some type of optical sight. The FS2000 doesn't look "right" with the rail and an aftermarket optic.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've run mine with Wolf and it runs fine, let alone brass. He might have had something else going on. The oddest things can happen, I had some the new magpul mags stop up one of my ar's the other day as they somehow shaved off a bit of plastic that got carried along with the round into the chamber.

·
Registered
121 Posts
To answer your question I think one with the sight is due out later this year if not early next year. The word is it wont mount on the existing FS2000. So if you only want it for the sight wait for the new one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not to go against the grain of this thread but...

Why would you want a shroud that could potentially limit your choice of optics? I swap out between a Leupold 3x-9X Mark 4, a Eotech, 3xMag, PVs-14. aiming laser, etc. all in a matter of seconds depending on what type of shooting I am doing. I for one love the interchangeabliliity of that open rail. YMMV I suppose.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Please keep in mind that the shrouded scope may not be what it's cracked up to be. I have a friend who actually handled the F2000, the full-auto version of the FS2000, with the shrouded scope. He told me that looking through the shrouded scope felt like looking through an empty cardboard tube from a roll of paper towels.

A lot of the countries that have ordered the F2000 went with the tactical version with the top rail since they can easily mount a variety of optics.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As long as it is an etched scope with zero or some magnificant, it will work. I don't need to mount a variety of optics because the F2000 was never designed to be a precision rifle according to FN. It'll be a cool range toy and the shroud makes it look like the original F2000. The problem with the P90's reflex sight is that it doesn't show up due to the poor light gathering system and poor choice of "color" for the reticle. The black USG sight is similar to the F2000's optical sight.

·
Registered
63 Posts
metroplex said:
the F2000 was never designed to be a precision rifle according to FN.
You keep quoting FN as saying that. Obviously it is not a sniper rifle They make other guns for that but where did they say those words. Do you have a link. The FS2000 is every bit as accurate as the AR15 but you dont see people saying over and over "well the ar15 was never intended as a precision rifle.

·
Registered
121 Posts
with zero or some magnificant
Not really setting any standard on this are you :-D

I see your point abot making it look like a F2000 though. Its the same reason I always wanted an Aug in green and with the standard optic. Even though that optic was a waste considering what else you could put on it.

If I end up buying one of those STG's or another AUG variant I doubt I will use the standard optic though now. Just as I wouldn't use the standard PS90 one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah, I've seen more broken plastic posts here than I thought I would. I haven’t had a single issue with mine in terms of holding up. I have had a problem with the FN mag. It stopped feeding reliability and now I use HK 416 mags. Other than that I have no problems with the gun in terms of reliability.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts