FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my stamp, took 9 months. Went to the range and out of around 100 rounds, 3 FTE. 2 were the last round and one the 9th round out of 10. Without the suppressor it cycled fine.

Another problem. With the suppressor attached, my bullet drop was about 4 inches. No bench rest but have a bipod on front. I am running an ACOG, green chevron. Without the suppressor I grouped around the center. With the suppressor I placed the 6 on site to get in the center area.

SCAR is stock. Trigger is stock.
Factory reloads from Miwall. 147 grain
I did not have new ammo to try.

Thoughts, thanks, Matt

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
POI shift is nothing new with suppressors, some suppressors will shift less but most all will have some amount of shift.
I would try a few different brands of ammo before being to concerned with the rifle cycling issues, as others have stated just make sure the regulator is in the suppressor setting when running the can.
If the problem continues it could be a gas control screw size problem.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Do a search for Miwall reloads, it looks like it could just be a case of the ammo itself.

The POI shift is expected and as long as it is repeatable, the same 4" shift in POI when shooting with the can, you simply adjust for it. Or just always shoot with the can on.:?

No POI shift with the surefire SOCOM suppressors, you should get one of those instead:)
It's minimal, there will be some POI shift. You are hanging a weight at the end of your barrel. The lightweight profile of the SCAR barrels don't help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I am embarrassed. I obviously didn't read through the manual. So no I didn't change to supressor mode. Hmm. I am going to take a good look at my rifle.
Sarge, actually both. I had one case stay in the chamber, forward with the next round trying to pull up and actually bent the new round. The other two didn't quite eject out with one being caught by the bolt and pushed it forward. That took a little effort to get out.

Well gentleman, it seems to be operator error. I will probable get back to the range next week and hopefully have a better outcome. I would like to thank you all for chiming in. I will report back when I do. Thank you. Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts