FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the people that ordered a SEAL a while ago. What did you do in the meantime to contain your excitement? :smile:

Also, what have you all been ordering? Did you order a complete new lower or are your gutting your existing lower to finish the SEAL?

Just put in my order right now for mine and I really can't wait to get it. I finally get to use the PMAG 25LR mags I used on my other rifles. It seems that Sarge might also have Geisseles in stock so I have even more things to be excited about.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
In the meantime....... I bought a PS90 and did it up the way I wanted to including SBRing it. :) My order was an OEM SEAL with a few parts installed, the rest I'll do.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I pre-ordered my S.E.A.L. last year because it was the only brand that I could order completely assembled, plug and play, ready to rock and roll.

If there had been a problem with my S.E.A.L., the manufacturer (Stryker) could not hide behind the two excuses you will get elsewhere:
"You did something wrong when you put it together and that is not covered by us"
-or-
"You used 3rd party parts not sourced by us and those are the source of your problem and it is not covered by us"

If there had been a problem with my completely assembled Stryker S.E.A.L. lower with all parts either manufactured or sourced by Stryker, there would be no one Stryker could blame. No other Scar lower maker that I know of will put their reputation on the line like that by selling completely assembled Scar lowers.

You can probably guess that after a couple hundred rounds and several different shooters (including a child), I have zero complaints and experienced zero glitches with my S.E.A.L. I admit that isn't thousands of rounds, but it is enough to verify it works as advertised and has no ergonomic problems or obvious defects.

As far as what I did to pass the last several months? With my Scar I ran the OEM lower and mags, tried some scopes, and ordered some cans. I also played with my new PTR91, got an Xdrum for it. It costs less than just a replacement barrel for my Scar and has an 18" bull barrel that can be run hard because it can take tons of abuse. It's heavier than my Scar, and arguably as reliable or more reliable than my Scar, making it a nice stable mate workhorse to keep the miles low on my Scar.

Reactions: gtguard

·
Registered
146 Posts
I ordered a fully assembled Seal pmag variant in fde w/ g trigger. Then a month ago I change the order to OEM mag version because I now have never ending supply of fn mags.

Now, I have a crap load of pmags for 308. Arrergghh. Now I wanting to change my order back lol.

Easy fix, buy the striker limited edition 17. FML

As far as getting by while waiting , buy other things that are readily available like and Elcan lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Please clue me in on the "limited Edition 17. FML. Thanks for your time and post.

I ordered a fully assembled Seal pmag variant in fde w/ g trigger. Then a month ago I change the order to OEM mag version because I now have never ending supply of fn mags.

Now, I have a crap load of pmags for 308. Arrergghh. Now I wanting to change my order back lol.

Easy fix, buy the striker limited edition 17. FML

As far as getting by while waiting , buy other things that are readily available like and Elcan lol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
complete. 'cuz it'd take another year before I actually had the time to move everything over if I didn't. Oh and Sarge offered free installation so that was a slam-dunk.

what did I do instead of ***** and moan on the forums: worked. worked a helluva lot. bought a sh*tty CIA FAL to throw shady surplus down range with. fired shady surplus. got into 300BLK. Reloaded a few things. Enjoyed a very warm/dry winter. I don't know, just let the man do his work..

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
complete. 'cuz it'd take another year before I actually had the time to move everything over if I didn't. Oh and Sarge offered free installation so that was a slam-dunk.

what did I do instead of ***** and moan on the forums: worked. worked a helluva lot. bought a sh*tty CIA FAL to throw shady surplus down range with. fired shady surplus. got into 300BLK. Reloaded a few things. Enjoyed a very warm/dry winter. I don't know, just let the man do his work..
I am sad I missed out on the free installation. I will do my research and watch the videos to make sure everything is right.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I am sad I missed out on the free installation. I will do my research and watch the videos to make sure everything is right.
Full changeover took no more than 15 minutes including disassembly of the original lower and fumbling with the retaining ring on the bolt release for 5 minutes. Just make sure you have the right tools beforehand and you'll be GTG. :?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I ordered mine complete and loaded with all available upgrades.

My best advise on waiting is to avoid logging on to this site. Reading posts here just made the wait more difficult. I also put a Burris Eliminator III atop my SCAR mounted on a QD Larure 5/8 riser which helped with the wait (for about a day).

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Ordered a complete FDE lower to be plug and play. Actually don't mind assembling, I like working on my firearms.I don't believe the FDEs are available yet, at least haven't received mine. No regrets with the pre-order, focus on my other projects. Took delivery of an 20" A5M XP, that has had my attention. If the SEAL doesn't come pretty soon will probably have to feed my interest say, PS90....

·
Registered
974 Posts
"Because I don't have an extra $8k laying around and my wife would go all Lorena Bobbit on me if I charged one on the credit card"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts