FN Herstal Firearms banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in the market for an AK (I know, great timing right?) I stopped by full spectrum and the ones they have in stock are $950. The AKs are nodak spud nds1 recievers, tapco triggers, Polish internals, US made chrome lined barrels, and pretty decent wood furniture. Overall they seen like pretty decent hardware, but are they really worth almost a grand? I know I can find cheaper ones online willing to ship, but I hate buying something I can't see and touch... Especially when it comes to something like an ak, where conditions could vary greatly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would look at the Arsenal line of AK's for that price point.

I own several and have sold several over the years as an FFL. They are extremely accurate and reliable, and yes they run around 1K. If you handle one AK (can't see and touch), then just imagine holding a VW then a Cadillac. I only recommend Arsenal because you get what you pay for and once you do you'll see and feel the difference.

Look on GB and you can find them all day for less than 1k.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I would look at the Arsenal line of AK's for that price point.

I own several and have sold several over the years as an FFL. They are extremely accurate and reliable, and yes they run around 1K. If you handle one AK (can't see and touch), then just imagine holding a VW then a Cadillac. I only recommend Arsenal because you get what you pay for and once you do you'll see and feel the difference.

Look on GB and you can find them all day for less than 1k.
Whats up with that link???

Reactions: Donnie

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
For that much money get an Arsenal.... Bulgarian made CHF chrome lined barrel is the way to go. you want to keep the US made parts for compliance. i.e. non critical stuff, like furniture, piston, break, and such. Keep the critical stuff Com Block.

just my opinion.

Haha! he posted the wrong K-VAR. try this.

BUY AK-47/74 & AR Rifles,...
Thanks for the correct link.

Wow!!! Little pricy for an AK. :roll:

Reactions: Donnie

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Yes! I have been saying for a few years now they are getting too pricey! They should not be more than 700-800 tops IMO. but I guess people are buying them at those prices or they would not be there.

Everything else has come down in price to almost what it was before the big gun control push... except for Arsenal and some of the other higher end AK's. They just keep going up.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Top notch high quality... Here is ArsenaL No 1 best seller which is a copy of Soviet 103 Special forces model, it is all made in Bulgaria and furn on Bulg molds here!
They usually only make this model every 6 yrs or so and is 1 of their limited production models, bought mine in 06 and they just started making some of these again!

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Yes! I have been saying for a few years now they are getting too pricey! They should not be more than 700-800 tops IMO. but I guess people are buying them at those prices or they would not be there.

Everything else has come down in price to almost what it was before the big gun control push... except for Arsenal and some of the other higher end AK's. They just keep going up.

Also do a good reason to buy arsenal,, value going up!!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Personally I feel the "Value" has gone down. You still get a nice AK, but for hundreds more dollars. The price has gone up by 2-3 hundred in the last 4 years. IMO they are going to price them selves out of the market.

don't get me wrong, I still like Arsenal AK's. There are just so many other options for a good rifle at half the price, that it is getting harder and harder to justify buying an Arsenal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.