FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure almost everyone has heard of the "Last round you'll ever need", as featured in this report:

New RIP bullet dubbed 'the last round you will ever need' is released | Mail Online

I just got off the phone with an ammo manufacturer and he'll be sending me samples of his R.I.P. in 300 blackout and will be posting photos of it here soon. I'm excited!!! Not sure if it'll mess up my 8.2 shortie but, go big or go home right?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Troubles-

Yesterday you posted a comment to the IMI 5.56 post in the supporting member ammo thread. Just above that in post #7651
Rubi-9 posted a link to ammunition depot for the 9mm. It was 5 box limit. I scored in about 4 seconds and went back 25 seconds after Rubi's post and it was OOS. It was fast.

LESTER posted another retailer the day before who has it coming soon:)

Buffman-I'll send you some rounds when mine arrives:)

I'm not keeping all 5 boxes as I already offered to share with some other members. But keep an eye out in the supporting member ammo thread because it will hit soon.

For those of you who are not supporting members you should be! Aside from the obvious it also helps keep things running smoothly around here!

Buckeye? I'd like a box for hd.
Do you have the link?

Regards,
BigBuckeyeGuy!

·
Registered
8,484 Posts
Troubles-

Yesterday you posted a comment to the IMI 5.56 post in the supporting member ammo thread. Just above that in post #7651
Rubi-9 posted a link to ammunition depot for the 9mm. It was 5 box limit. I scored in about 4 seconds and went back 25 seconds after Rubi's post and it was OOS. It was fast.

LESTER posted another retailer the day before who has it coming soon:)

Buffman-I'll send you some rounds when mine arrives:)

I'm not keeping all 5 boxes as I already offered to share with some other members. But keep an eye out in the supporting member ammo thread because it will hit soon.

For those of you who are not supporting members you should be! Aside from the obvious it also helps keep things running smoothly around here!

Regards,
BigBuckeyeGuy!
Buckeye- is it possible I could buy some of your rounds or a box as well.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Saw the videos the other day. I'd be interested in doing some "ballistics" tests with various targets, such as a pork shoulder as someone else mentioned, or turkeys. I think a video comparing these to HP, SP and FMJ would be interesting.

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Deadlier Bullet Has Many Mid-Southerners Concerned(WREG-TV) A deadlier bullet designed to protect you from criminals is raising some concerns. When the bullet hits a target, it actually expands into several sharp razors, making it more deadly.

The ammo called R.I.P. bullet was just shown at the Las Vegas Shot Show and hit the market a couple weeks ago.
Gun shop owners in the Mid-South said they can’t get a hold of a box and are still deciding if they even want to carry it.
Julia Sparacello owns Horn Lake Arms and said quite a few customers have asked about the R.I.P. bullet.
“They separate into five or six different parts, into a little star. It separates in the target,” said Sparacello.
The copper bullet strikes a target and then expands at the top into several sharp blades.

G2 Research created it for self-defense saying it will stop criminals in their tracks. The company is hoping women invest in it to protect themselves.

With gun violence so bad in Memphis, many are afraid criminals will start using them.
“To think you are going to stop violence with violence, is ludicrous. I’m not surprised someone has created a bullet like this,” said Sam Shoup.

Shelby County deputies said they haven’t heard about the deadlier ammo, and Memphis police never got back to us.
Gun shop owners said they’ve talked to officers who are concerned about the bullet hitting our streets.
At $60 to $70 a box, Sparacello thinks only gun enthusiasts will buy it.

“They are too expensive for a random street criminal to go in and buy a box,” said Sparacello.
WREG found out the Georgia maker made sure this ammo wouldn’t go through bullet proof vests.

See video: Deadlier Bullet Has Many Mid-Southerners Concerned | WREG.com

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
As if to imply that criminals pay taxes and don't have the funds to purchase expensive weapons and ammunition? Clearly Sparacello has never been to an LGS and seen the thugs oogling and fondling weapons they cannot legally acquire. My bet is, this ammo will prove too expensive to manufacture and after initial offering buy-up there won't be much interest in it since it has yet to be proven in the real world.

“They are too expensive for a random street criminal to go in and buy a box,” said Sparacello.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts