FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Galco doesn't make an FNP 9mm holster it seems - however, does anyone know of any FLETCH models that will work for the FNP?

I thought I read someone claim that a SIG 226 holster (from a different manufacturer) worked for their FNP.

Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe one for a SigPro? Sorry, I don't have one of these holsters, so I can't check. But I do know that a Don Hume 715M IWB for the SigPro is a near perfect fit for my FNP. I also know that Galco uses the same stock numbers for both guns in their IWB Summer Comfort and OWB Concealable holsters, the only two offered for the FNP. The only problem would be the thumb break on the Fletch. The other known fits are open top, unfortunately.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks for the info - Yea, I want the thumb break - as it helps cover the gun a bit more in the summer and protects it from sweat.

I have a Galco Matrx for a USPc that will work perfectly - however, the slide is against my skin underneath my shirt.

And, a leather USPc holster doesn't work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe this will help a little with your decision: I just tried my FNP in a Bianchi Shadow II holster for my Sig 226 (it's labeled for both the 226 and 220, btw). Very, very tight. More importantly, the thumb break will not close once I managed to get the gun all the way in. I can't imagine that the Galco would be more loose of a fit. If anything, it would be tighter. Maybe the FNP fits open top 226 holsters, but I really doubt it's a fit for holsters with thumbstraps. I really dislike "also fits." I'm due for a visit to a local gunshop that has a good selection of Galco holsters. I'll see if he has any Fletch holsters for either the 226 or SigPro and check back. Interested in this myself as holster manufacturer support for these guns is really pathetic.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know someone at Galco who checked for me and found that the XD Holster will work. He hooked me up with the one he tried for me. Hope to have it soon.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I think i saw at my gun shop one made by forbus....if im not mistaken...

·
Registered
15 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I know someone at Galco who checked for me and found that the XD Holster will work. He hooked me up with the one he tried for me. Hope to have it soon.
I was once told by a holstermaker that, if you've tried everything else, the XD holster will fit. Unless you're talking about a Desert Eagle of course. Glad to see you hooked up with a holster.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iCeMaN said:
I think i saw at my gun shop one made by forbus....if im not mistaken...
Well, I wanted a leather belt holster with a strap. That way, the entire slide is protected from sweat in the summer, under a t-shirt. My Galco Matrix holster works perfect, but I'd have to oil the gun down at the end of every day - as the slide would be up against my skin.

So, that kinda left out Fobus.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yea, too each is own....Im sure ull find something that will fit you ShipWreck

·
Registered
15 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Please be sure to give us a rundown of your impressions once you have it in hand. I don't have any leather XD holsters on hand to try a fit (all I have are a G-code and Comp-tac kydex), but there's a local leathermaker around here, maybe it's time to visit him (I know for sure he's got alot of XD leather on had).

·
Registered
48 Posts
So Ship, how did it fit?
I tried one that was the same model but for a different gun and the strap did not line up with the "beavertail" and made the holster gather up on one side.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pjblurton said:
So Ship, how did it fit?
I tried one that was the same model but for a different gun and the strap did not line up with the "beavertail" and made the holster gather up on one side.
I mentioned it on another thread - works great. The gun slid into the holster perfectly. The strap was a little tight going over the hammer. However, after leaving the gun in the holster for two days, and opening and closing the strap a few times in that time period - it has stretched just fine and works great.

I've worn it for about a week now. No problems at all.

The holster also works with the XD9mm, XD45 and HK P30, strangely enough.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts