FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Black Friday deals coming, I would like to buy a Gaming Computer for my son. We would use it for games like Battlefield and Fortnite. Also, I would like to be able to run actual dvds/game copies from the computer. It would be running on wireless internet. We already have the monitor and keyboard/mouse. Does anyone have any suggestions for a gaming computer under a $1000? I know nothing about graphic cards, sd vs. tb drives, etc. I really need advice.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Hopefully the below is helpful...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Are you looking for a pre built machine that you can purchase at like best buy or are you planning to build it yourself?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I was thinking of getting one myself some of the pc only games look pretty cool. But I have no clue what to buy it isn’t as easy as choosing a ps5 or Xbox

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would purchase a pre built. I just missed a good deal at Dell, but I don’t know what to get. I just hate the idea of not having a drive to load the games from dvd, I don’t like the idea of only having digital downloads, you miss out on a lot of good deals on ebay and stores.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Don't forget you can purchase external drives...

·
Registered
468 Posts
I might make a suggestion of building the PC with your son.

Im 34 now and was blessed enough to have been taught by my uncle how to build computers when I was about 10 years old. That gave me a crazy passion for technology and I actually now work for him in the tech industry making great money.

Not only do I think in this day and age it is almost a mandatory skill to have, it will also be a crazy bonding experience with your son. My dad couldn't care less about that stuff when I was young so my uncle became my best bud over it.

Now a days, computers are so plug-and-play, you can literally go into it knowing almost 0 and still build something extremely easily.

There is a great site called https://pcpartpicker.com/ where you can start adding parts to a build and it will tell you if there is any compatibility issues on the fly as you are adding stuff.

So if you read about say a good budget gaming processor and add it then read about a good budget graphics card and you add it, it basically tells you if the parts are compatible.

My .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts