FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
putting some finishing touches on my SCAR Heavy, need a trigger Do I want to go single or 2 stage. any info, reviews will be helpful, thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Well when you can't decide--- do a poll. Any adms here? Geissilee, timmeny, or other and please specify. Think you will find your answer in numbers of people who had made a decision.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Never shot a Timney, so I can't speak to them. People speak very highly of them, though, so I'm confident they're good triggers. Geissele, though, I can speak to. I have their triggers in four of my rifles and I swear by them.

·
Vendor
1,778 Posts
Geiselle is not the only 2-stage in town.

The ShootingSight 2-stage is adjustable for second stage sear engagement and pull force - Geiselle is not adjustable.
ShootingSight is wire EDM machined out of rolled plate tool steel - Geiselle is cast.
ShootingSight has improved hammer geometry for a 2ms reduction in hammer swing time.
ShootingSight has a patent pending rubber coating on the trigger bow (similar to plier handles), reducing heat loss to the pad of your finger, for better retained touch sensitivity.
ShootingSight is $250 with free delivery, and offers a 20% discount to Mil/Vet/FD/PD.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
+1 Geissele best upgrade you can do.
+1 I run Gisele triggers in and every AR, SCAR, and soon TAVOR I own. No comparison between Timmey and Geissele as i have ran both. I have never ran a Shooting Sight trigger.

I propose this, send me a trigger to try Shooting Sight, if I like it I will buy it, if not I will send it back??? Let me know.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts

The ShootingSight 2-stage is adjustable for second stage sear engagement and pull force - Geiselle is not adjustable.
ShootingSight is wire EDM machined out of rolled plate tool steel - Geiselle is cast.
ShootingSight has improved hammer geometry for a 2ms reduction in hammer swing time.
ShootingSight has a patent pending rubber coating on the trigger bow (similar to plier handles), reducing heat loss to the pad of your finger, for better retained touch sensitivity.
ShootingSight is $250 with free delivery, and offers a 20% discount to Mil/Vet/FD/PD.
I've already purchased the Geiselle. Ill give yours a shot next.

·
Registered
129 Posts
+Geiselle. Buddy of mine was razzing me about the cost of the trigger and how good <$100 AR triggers were. Then he shot the trigger and all of a sudden he got real quiet =)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I have a Timney 3# in my 16 and a 3.5# in my 17 , like them both, I have several of my ARs set up with Timneys, so I just stuck with them when I stepped up to the SCAR platform. I'm not wild about 2 stage, but that's just me, if you do go with a Timney in your 17 they recommend the 3.5# to prevent lite primer strikes. It has a heavier hammer. just my 3 cents

·
Administrator
11,396 Posts

Art.

PM inbound.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, only two Timney votes, I feel special. BTW I am also not a 2 stage guy, Timney's have a first class consistent break. Also i have 1000's of rounds through my Timneys in all kinds of conditions, flawless. My two cents..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just went to the range today after installing my Geiselle on my 16s.
27 yd tactical range (Standing only). On my grouping shots I rested my elbows.
I can say without a doubt the trigger alone improved my groupings

The bigger holes are .45

Attachments

1 - 20 of 81 Posts