FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the Super Scar trigger on my 17 and I am some want floored by the trigger pull. I thought it would be in the neighborhood of 3.5 - 4lbs. Boy was I happily surprised to see what my trigger finger already could feel once I check the trigger pull on my tried and true trigger pull gauge. We have a calibration lab here at work so I sent the pull gauge out today to be checked and recalibrated for accuracy. Sure enough the gauge sent my eyes the same reading as before. 2lb 10oz.!!! We rand out to the club and shot the rifle today some 33 rounds, came back and checked it again with this gauge, and another Very, very expensive granite table mount gauge we have here for checking other sensitive instruments. It confirmed what my gauge says in the photos. Three check with the super pricey instrument said 40.11oz, 41.07oz, and 41.32oz. Love this trigger for a semi auto rifle!

IMG_8680.JPG IMG_8710.JPG IMG_8712.JPG IMG_8738.JPG

·
Registered
757 Posts
Thx for sharing the info lefty. I'll admit I thought the take up almost too light on mine. It's probably for the best, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lefthanded7

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How hard was the install?
Piece of cake if you follow directions. Like the other guy says - watch a U-Tube video and like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, but with videos - you get both! LOL! :?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just put my new Geissele in yesterday. Youtube video made it pretty easy. Was so worried about screwing it up I stopped and started the video a dozen times. No issues though. Functions flawlessly with that amazing trigger pull. Waited 3 months for backorder to come in, but it was so worth it. Like getting a new rifle.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Congrats on your "G" trigger. Sold 4 of my "G" triggers after comparing it with Shooting Sight's Triggers. Can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can also attest to the light pull of the G trigger. As a less experienced shooter, I am frequently "taken by surprise" when shooting; I have to consciously baby that trigger. I guess that is what helps the accuracy...No need to muscle it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am old, as in OLD...so..... I hadn't seen the you tube videos so I dropped mine off with my gunsmith to do. Going to pick them (x2) up this week. I wish after seeing the video I had just done it myself!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got mine in today and installed it. WOW!!!! What a nice light and crisp trigger. I can now consistently anticipate the break. I hated the stock trigger as it was like metal grinding and would never feel consistent. I'm just thrilled to death with this trigger, and feel it's an incredible value and a MUST have for the SCAR. I was in love with my SCAR before, but am now head over heels in love with it!!! All my rifles will now be getting the "G" treatment.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
I hate to admit, mine has been sitting in it's bag for about 4-6 months since the " SHOT " show. I have been waiting to do a complete tear down ( cleaning ) before I install . With those numbers for results.... i'm going to get a move on it.

Reactions: lefthanded7
1 - 20 of 44 Posts