FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me? I just installed my geissel trigger in my SCAR17 and when I reset the hammer with out the safety cam in, it woks fine;however once the safety is installed, the tigger cannot be pulled when it is on fire. IDK what is the issue.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
First, are you using the OEM polymer lower? If so, remove the lower from the weapon, take the grip screw out of the lower and test the operation of the trigger and safety.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am not using the OEM polymer lower, I am using the Handle Defense lower. I have already replaced the grip screw with that of the one provided by Geissele.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I am not using the OEM polymer lower, I am using the Handle Defense lower. I have already replaced the grip screw with that of the one provided by Geissele.
If you still have the polymer lower, i suggest installing the Geiselle into it to see if the problem lies with the trigger or the lower.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Thank you very much will do

you're welcome. You don't have to rip the whole lower apart to do this. Just take apart the trigger group and install it with the geiselle trigger in the OEM lower.

·
Registered
258 Posts
your problem is the Handl lower. guaranteed. I had the same problem. the fire control group locating holes are out of position and the trigger will not work as the safety selector drum will not allow it to operate. I dont even think i could turn the safety when i was screwing with mine. I ended up filing the safety drum to make it work but i wish i hadnt. eventually that POS(handl) had so many problems i sent it back. and put the trigger and other parts back into my stock lower. let me ask you this. is this a newly purchased lower from handl or did you buy it from a reseller? or on gun broker or something? its seems that they have taken 2 or 3 generations to fix the problems with that unit. you may have an older version.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got off the phone with the Guys at Handl Defense and they said its a CAM issue and not their lower due to theirs is built with such high tolerances. Bunch of bullcrap, they said they will modify the CAM for me

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I just got off the phone with the Guys at Handl Defense and they said its a CAM issue and not their lower due to theirs is built with such high tolerances. Bunch of bullcrap, they said they will modify the CAM for me
Just curious, who did you speak to at Handl?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I think it was Dan
Thanks. Like I said, your best course of action is to try installing the Geiselle FCG into your OEM lower. IF it functions in the OEM lower and not the Handl, theres your answer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just installed it and it worked perfect In the original lower, and that's what I told Handl, but they stated that their lower wasn't the issue, and that my CAM had to be modified

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I just installed it and it worked perfect In the original lower, and that's what I told Handl, but they stated that their lower wasn't the issue, and that my CAM had to be modified

Theres your answer. What you do about it is up to you.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Haven't heard much about them honestly and there haven't been too many range reports on them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll probably have to just use the original scar lower and re invest in new mags, all my other ones are useless now

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I'll probably have to just use the original scar lower and re invest in new mags, all my other ones are useless now
What happened to the old ones?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts