FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking this forum for a while, lots of good info on here. I've had a black SCAR 17 for about 6 months and never could get used to the crappy trigger so I ordered a Geissele and installed it this evening. I must say, I'm a bit disappointed as there is still considerable creep. Sure its a much lighter pull and much less creep than the factory dirt sled but for $400 I was expecting perfection. Funny how my M1A USGI trigger made in 196? is still leaps and bounds better than todays best. I gonna give Geissele a call tomorrow and ask about it. Anyone else have this problem with creep?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Both mine are quite nice and have far less creep than the Timney AR trigger I tried today. They do seem to get a little smoother with some use. Zero creep no, but still very nice and getting even better..............dj

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I am aware its a two stage trigger... I have several two stage triggers including a Jewel on an AR, a Rock River NM trigger on an AR and several USGI M1A triggers. None of then creep like this. First stage pulls smooth and light, second stage drags if only for a millimeter but its very noticeable. My understanding of a two stage trigger is that the second stage should crack without any creep at all. Otherwise, what's the point of a two stage?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Got it, just wanted to make sure. I would say that a call to Giesselle would be in order, my G trigger does not do what you are describing and has that proverbial "glass rod break" feel to it for the break on the second stage

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Have not experienced what you're experiencing. Smooth and crisp. Installation is straight forward - cannot think of anything that would cause what you're experiencing by virtue of foo-barring the installation. Sounds like you may have a trigger to return? Their customer support has been A+ in our dealings with them. Ring them tomorrow and chat.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I too have thought about ordering one but it is some serious coin. I look fwd to their response to in fact see if it is a manufacturing flaw.

Ryan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Called Geissele today and they agreed that something was wrong. They suggested I ship the trigger and lower to them so they can figure it out. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update
Got my lower and trigger back from Geissele, pretty quick turnaround time. The trigger feels MUCH better! Still not as crisp as my Jewell but not to far off. The initial creep of 1-2mm has been decreased to a barely perceivable hesitation. I hope to make it to the range this week and shoot some tighter groups. Anyways, thanks out to Geissele for the excellent customer service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got it, just wanted to make sure. I would say that a call to Giesselle would be in order, my G trigger does not do what you are describing and has that proverbial "glass rod break" feel to it for the break on the second stage
I have to agree. I installed the Geissele Super SCAR in my 17 and love it. 1st stage is smooth second stage breaks clean no creep. I'd have to say it is better than the trigger in my bolt gun.

I would call Geissele something is wrong with your trigger or installation.

EDIT: sorry should have finished reading whole thread before posting. :th_sign0013:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a Geisele 2 stage in my 16 and I timney in my 17. I run Snipper comps with my 17 and there are very few off hand shots, so I prefer single stage (long range). But I definitely prefer the 2 stage for offhand shooting. Each has it’s benefits depending on your shooting style, in my opinion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts