Registered
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll take two.
But I don't want to feed them :-D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I bet that gun would take out just about any threat out there, assuming you could hit it. I'd love to see how well an M1 Abrams could stand up to that many rounds of .50BMG.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Anyone know the rate of fire?

That's some serious lead going down range fast. I wonder what it feels like being in the HUMVEE when they fire it.

Reactions: 1KPerDay

·
Registered
911 Posts
Looks to be a lot more controllable than our browning M2's. The rate of fire does not look all that impressive, but looks can be deceiving when dealing with edited video. Had a chance to fire the Dillon M134 at 3000 rounds per minute, but it is 7.62, so not nearly as effective against hardened targets as the .50, but a lot more economical.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Anyone know the rate of fire?

That's some serious lead going down range fast. I wonder what it feels like being in the HUMVEE when they fire it.
I can't imagine being next to the muzzle on the chopper with that racket going on. One .50 BMG round is like a bomb going off. LOL

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I saw the guy feeding linked 50BMG into that thing I must admit. I got a semi :-D

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
This program was just starting to pick up some traction with the OH-58D program but now the OHs are going away....:cry:

And about the comment on the gun going off next to the cockpit, yes any of the .50 cals (XM296 and M3P) are very uncomfortable while sitting in the left seat. The concussion literally breaks the aircraft from time to time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts