FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know, I chronicle data on various firearms.
I am trying to determine the SN range for Gen. 1 and Gen 2. TP's, like I did for the PS90:

Here is what I have so far:

Gen. 1 (005116-006745)
Gen. 2 (009066-089524)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated--- I would like to do a Sticky, similar to the PS90.
PM me, if you would like to contribute full SN's--- all information is strictly confidential.

Tony

·
Registered
450 Posts
As you know, I chronicle data on various firearms.
I am trying to determine the SN range for Gen. 1 and Gen 2. TP's, like I did for the PS90:

Here is what I have so far:

Gen. 1 (005116-006745)
Gen. 2 (009066-089524)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated--- I would like to do a Sticky, similar to the PS90.
PM me, if you would like to contribute full SN's--- all information is strictly confidential.

Tony
I personally know of two FS2000's that are in the serial number range 9*** that have Gen 1 packs in them. One of them was 98**. I believe the Gen two packs started early on the 10,000 serial number range and stayed that way until it's discontinuation.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally know of two FS2000's that are in the serial number range 9*** that have Gen 1 packs in them. One of them was 98**. I believe the Gen two packs started early on the 10,000 serial number range and stayed that way until it's discontinuation.
Thanks--- I have seen 90XX (2x), 92XX (NIB), 96XX (NIB) that had the Gen. 2 TP's.
On the first 2, I could see the TP's being changed--- not so much on the NIB.

Tony

·
Premium Member
9,673 Posts

Post #6 has a good picture of the Gen1 vs Gen2

Reactions: bruteandbear1

·
Administrator
11,937 Posts
The Gen 1 FS2K Hammer Pack has the white auto sear on the first pin on the front of the pack. If you can see the first pin, its a Gen 2 pack as the auto sear is missing.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Post #6 has a good picture of the Gen1 vs Gen2
Excellent pictorial.
See Post #17--- seller told him it was a Gen. 1 TP, without the auto sear.
So 92XX does fall within the Gen. 2 range.

Tony

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no SN's between 67XX and 90XX.
That would be extremely helpful.

Tony

·
Administrator
11,937 Posts
Many people that had a Gen 1 pack took the auto sear off the hammer pack and sold the sear, sometimes for $1k back when some people found out how easy it was to convert both the FS2K and PS90 hammer packs.

So serial numbers are not all that accurate.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Many people that had a Gen 1 pack took the auto sear off the hammer pack and sold the sear, sometimes for $1k back when some people found out how easy it was to convert both the FS2K and PS90 hammer packs.

Exactly, I had a opportunity to disassemble a NIB FS2000 in the 98** and it indeed had the autosear intact in the front of the trigger pack. I think early serial numbers aren't indicative of generations of trigger packs. I would however, say I haven't seen a gen 1 trigger pack in an FS2000 past serial number 10,000.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Possibly--- but when the samples are NIB, I give that more credence.

Tony

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exactly, I had a opportunity to disassemble a NIB FS2000 in the 98** and it indeed had the autosear intact in the front of the trigger pack. I think early serial numbers aren't indicative of generations of trigger packs. I would however, say I haven't seen a gen 1 trigger pack in an FS2000 past serial number 10,000.
Maybe it was an early TP lying around at the factory that someone found and used it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The Colt SP1's are fraught with such doings (3-prong flashhiders and non-trap buttstocks). ;)

Tony

·
Administrator
11,937 Posts
I agree. So call FN for the real answer. Ask them at what serial number did they remove the auto sear in the FS2K hammer pack.

Otherwise, we are just guessing. It may be an accurate guess but it is still a guess.....

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree. So call FN for the real answer. Ask them at what serial number did they remove the auto sear in the FS2K hammer pack.

Otherwise, we are just guessing. It may be an accurate guess but it is still a guess.....
Probably not in their records.
Nothing is perfect, but a general SN range (all the numbers are ones that I have actually seen) is nice to have.

Tony

1 - 14 of 14 Posts