FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Georgia lawmakers could soon make broad changes to the state's gun laws and some consider versions of this bill "the most extreme gun bill in America". It would allow firearms in bars, churches, airports, and certain government buildings.

To what extent weapons should be permitted in such buildings is the issue addressed in two bills - both part of the "Safe Carry Protection Act". That's currently pending in Georgia's State legislature.

The Senate version removes some of the House's provisions. The main differences in the bills involve owners "opting" in to allow guns or having to "opt out" to not allow them.

Both bills would grant Georgians the right to bear arms in non-restricted areas of airports, such as ticketing counters and parking lots, raising mixed reaction from residents.

Read & see more: Georgia's gun laws being called "the most extreme gun bill in A - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
We almost had something very similar to that here in MI a year ago. Governor vetoed it unfortunately.

Oh, and here we can carry in the non-restricted areas of airports, so if you're carrying and seeing someone off, you're good up until the security check point.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I always thought it was kinda strange that my CCP for Virginia is not good in Georgia, but it is in every other southern state. It seems odd for such a gun friendly state.

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our Georgia Carry Origination https://www.georgiacarry.org/ has some vary strong and influential members and deserves most of the credit and of course backed the NRA, together, they enhance our 2nd Amendment stand and make all the difference.

We almost had something very similar to that here in MI a year ago. Governor vetoed it unfortunately.

Oh, and here we can carry in the non-restricted areas of airports, so if you're carrying and seeing someone off, you're good up until the security check point.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I don't see a problem with this... you never know when some gun toting up standing citizen may actually save " The Day " !
I wouldn't mind one single bit if everyone carried ! Everywhere.....

·
Registered
876 Posts
Our Georgia Carry Origination https://www.georgiacarry.org/ has some vary strong and influential members and deserves most of the credit and of course backed the NRA, together, they enhance our 2nd Amendment stand and make all the difference.
It finally payed off. All the email's to GA Senators and Representatives. (Official & Unofficial email addresses) urging them to vote for a safer GA. I remember when it was SB 350 and I started harassing (Voicing my opinion). If you helped P-factor I want to thank you. This is a great victory, but I feel extremely sad calling it a victory since these are rights every citizen has under the US Constitution. Now we need to work on getting rid of the state university weapons policies. If a student has the legal right to obtain a WCL she/he should be able to protect themselves. I remember attending Kennesaw State University and in the schools handbook there was a clause that allowed for me to have a firearm on campus. I needed to have the KSU CLEO's permission. So I went to the police station and setup an appointment to see the CLEO. I remember how he didn't even know about the special permission clause. I was polite and asked if he would write a letter allowing me to carry since less then six months ago a shoot out occurred outside the sciences building where I spent all my time. One individual was killed in the shootout. Also explained that two rapes occurred within a year and a half's time in the woods near the sciences building. He said he would look into it and get back to me within a week. He did as promised and denied me. Back in school I didn't have a job so I liked being a PITA about matter's like this. I explained to him that I would then need for him to give me a written letter denying me permission in case I was to be harmed I could hold the school responsible. He said he would get back within a week again. Another week and I was called to the station again. This time the CLEO, deputies, the Dean of sciences and of the whole school, and I guess legal counsel were all there. I was a little nervous to say the least. I thought I was going to be expelled or something. First they asked why I wanted permission to have a firearm on campus. I explained my case, then they asked why I wanted a rejection letter and I explained my case again. They asked me to leave the room and about 15 minutes later asked me to come back in. They explained that I couldn't have a firearm for safety and legal reasons and that the clause in the student handbook was for individuals that had rare or historic firearms that were to be loaned/allowed to be on campus for exhibition. They also wouldn't write a letter explaining all this even though some girl was writing everything we said down. So thats my story on how I tried to get firearms allowed on KSU campus. Honestly it didn't really matter because I carried in my backpack in a pouch with two pieces of plastic that wouldn't print the handgun.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's one reason I stay here in Georgia is it's gun rights policies. I'm a Ohio native transferred down here due to my job I have thought many times about going back but when it comes to gun rights Ohio is just a little behind Georgia.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I hope this type of Legislation makes its way to Texas. It would be a breath of fresh air, as would be open carry.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
If by extreme they mean "extremely safe for the average gun-carrying citizen"..

I predict violent crime will drop even more rapidly in GA after this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts