FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys seen these things? Ridiculous! I have no idea what I would use it for but it's pretty darn cool. You can equip it with a GO PRO and it has some sort of GPS, return home GPS etc. Altitude lock, it's pretty wild.

BLADE 350 QX

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Saw one about a month ago at the race track equipped with a camera. They have incredible range! Base cost is $500 I think w/o camera and mount.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
This will be the new tool for peeping toms......:th_watching::th_watching:Where did I misplace my credit card?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Gun and knife control laws are BS. I just hope our idiot lawmakers don't decide to 'save' us from R/C planes and helos by passing more BS laws.

There have been radio control planes with this capability for some time. The new multiple motor helicopters are a lot easier to fly with electronic gyros and stability control modules. Would be great for scouting land and some realtors hiring guys to video house listings with a birds-eye view. Police have been flying ultralights for many years, drones are cheaper.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I saw a slightly beefier version on top gears Africa Special and it was pretty sweet. And if those lovable idiots didnt wreck it i think i might have a shot.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
One of these thing plus the gopro would be awesome for track days! Though you still need a good portable camera setup capable of real time video streaming for any kind of recon duty.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Big Muddy - not that I would espouse such behavior, but I would think #4s would do it… :twisted:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Big Muddy - not that I would espouse such behavior, but I would think #4s would do it… :twisted:
Don't care if some hobbyist wants to fly one over a city park but if I were to see one hovering over my land without my permission it is fair game. I take my privacy very seriously.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Pull !

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
We could think of them as shotgun training aids, of course the drones would need to be fairly robust.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts