FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this year I was able to (I guess no one else wanted it) buy an IMI .41AE barrel, 4x.41AE Hi Power magazines, 125 pieces of brass (including 25 primed already), and a reloading die set. Earlier this evening I was able to find a 20 round box of Speer Gold Dot 180 gr. JHGD .41AE ammo.

I chatted with a friend who is also a very competent gunsmith who gave me some guidance on fitting the barrel to my "T" Series Slide. Slow, judicious, almost like polishing it with 0000 grit emery cloth (I have some even finer grit as well) on the sides and top of the breech end of the barrel.

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
821 Posts
.41 AE. WONDERFUL CONCEPT.

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT . THAT IS WHAT MATTERS.

PS. I LIKE RETRO CALIBERS , & things that people on this forum tend to discount, ignore, talk over, change the subject ... Etc.

good luck here, cuz if you don't post a lot and become a fan boy, look for another forum The way that I will get noticed again is saying something shocking .

·
Registered
278 Posts
Earlier this year I was able to (I guess no one else wanted it) buy an IMI .41AE barrel, 4x.41AE Hi Power magazines, 125 pieces of brass (including 25 primed already), and a reloading die set. Earlier this evening I was able to find a 20 round box of Speer Gold Dot 180 gr. JHGD .41AE ammo.

I chatted with a friend who is also a very competent gunsmith who gave me some guidance on fitting the barrel to my "T" Series Slide. Slow, judicious, almost like polishing it with 0000 grit emery cloth (I have some even finer grit as well) on the sides and top of the breech end of the barrel.

Stay tuned!
Have you been able to shoot it yet?

·
Registered
775 Posts
That sounds like a very cool project. I love alternative cartridges. I'd be very tempted. Was the Hi Power offered in 41ae?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts